Your Goals for the Challenge!

Options
TristansHawk
TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
Hello and welcome :smiley:

Feel free to add your over all goals to the challenge!

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Goal Weight by Christmas:
Any NSVs you are aiming for:
Interesting fact about you:

Replies

• TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Name: Tristan
    Height: 5'5.5"
    Weight: 165lbs
    Goal Weight: 153lbs
    NSVs: For my pants to fit better!
    Interesting fact about you: I coach archery and enjoy belly dancing!

Currently, I am a student in a medical related field. School is stressful, which makes me binge! I am looking forward to progressing with all of you :smile:
  • CocoSurfz
    CocoSurfz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Get on my treadmill...turn the on button to "ON"!
  • apolinarshamler
    apolinarshamler Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Name: Shamler
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 254 (Might be around 252.5 by the time that this challenge starts)
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 230 ish
    Any NSVs you are aiming for: To not look like Santa for this Christmas XD
    Interesting fact about you: I've been learning judo for about 3 years

I am a dental student. This involves many nights of staring into a pile books or a computer and that can lead me into the mother of all cravings. Let's see what we can accomplish together.
  • kefalo
    kefalo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Name: Kefalo
    Height: 5'3
    Weight: 189
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 178 (being conservative)
    Any NSVs you are aiming for: I am going on holidays to Japan just before xmas and want to be able to fit into the clothes they are selling there!
    Interesting fact about you: I found out about two months ago that I had a stomach bacteria, and had had it for some years during which I was exhausted all the time and the weight would just *not* come off! Since I treated it (it has now gone), I have seen a dietician and exercise physiologist (in Australia we get free appointments with these if we have a high BMI) and have already lost 10 pounds, with about 20 more to lose to get to my goal weight. I have also joined a gym and have been working out almost every day (to give you an idea of how insane this stomach bacteria was, when I had it I was running 4 days a week and dieting and only lost 7 pounds in 3 months).
  • kefalo
    kefalo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    CocoSurfz wrote: »
    Get on my treadmill...turn the on button to "ON"!

This made me laugh!! I think it's a great goal!!
  • emjae2
    emjae2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

5'10"

CW 205 (heaviest 230)

My "2016 Christmas present to myself" goal weight 189

UGW 150

NSV goal: to wear a basic, long sleeve ribbed fitted tee for Christmas....*WITHOUT* the need for my black under armor jacket (my go-to hiding place...always) cover up...is that too much to ask :)

Looking forward to this challenge and where it may take me in my never ending weight loss journey!

• lindahaysouth
    lindahaysouth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4'11" (so I am short round :))
    current weight is 140
    goal weight 130

I have been back and forth in the fitness realm. It has been a struggle to find the time to exercise with 4 young girls at home. I don't have any issues with my self esteem, but I do want to go back to fitting my clothes that I wore before I had kids... I used to be 115 lbs which is the ideal weight for my height, but I would be extremely happy to be at 125 - 130 lbs. Also, it is not all about the weight for me. It's more about losing inches off my mid section.

• L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5.7" and weigh 162. would like to loose 5 lbs. This is my first time joining a group. Looking forward for the this challenge. Yes I loose slowly mainly as I site most of the day due to work.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Name: Marcella
    Height: 5' 6"
    Weight: 169
    Goal Weight: 155 lbs

As of yesterday, I have gained 14 pounds since the beginning of summer. It's been a long summer filled with unexpected stresses, a family death, death of a friend, unexpected major home projects... No excuse, but is the reason. I've worked hard to survive the summer and having accomplished that task, I continue the healthy living journey. I did not forsake the good habits during this time, I simply didn't take the time to count the calories or maintain a good activity/exercise level. As a general rule, I eat very few processed foods. So the journey to Christmas will be about my personal accountability again and also about rooting out a few unnecessary, counter productive habits that crept in over the past few months.

I thought about setting my Dec 25th goal for 159. But then I decided to set it at 155 (my low for the year). I want that number back going into 2017!

• jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Name:Jacquie
    Height:5'4"
    Weight:
    Goal Weight by Christmas:-15
    Any NSVs you are aiming for:I want to keep my MFP/AW streak going. I've been doing well for 3 weeks - "they" say its a habit after a month :)
    Interesting fact about you: Paddling is my thing - but the water will soon be frozen. It's time to find a winter "thing"!
  • Ilikegatorade
    Ilikegatorade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 245?

I'm not very interesting. Ha!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Name: Christina
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight:196.4

Goal Weight by Christmas: 184 (loss of 12)
    Any NSVs you are aiming for: Working on getting BMI out of the obese range by New Year's Day so Christmas goal weight would have me on track to reach that.
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Name:Laura
    Height:5;1.5"
    Weight:169.5 this morning, a little high for where I have been lately
    Goal Weight by Christmas:159
    Any NSVs you are aiming for:I have a pair of jeans I'd love to fit in by Christmas
    Interesting fact about you:I love reading, so treadmills are great for me because I can workout and read.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Name: Cody
    Height: 5' 3"
    Weight: 185
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 179 (being conservative. I've had a hard time getting out of the 180's, gaining and loosing the same 5-7 lbs) hoping a challenge like this will help me get back on track.
    Interesting fact about you: I recently enrolled in my course to become a certified Elementary Ed teacher.
    Edit spelling
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

Name: Brigitte
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 144
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 130
    Any NSVs you are aiming for: Two years ago I bought a pair of jeans to "get into" by Christmas, and I have never gotten into them. I would love to be able to wear them this Christmas.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 161
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 149
    Any NSVs you are aiming for: Where a sleeveless top without cringing
    Interesting fact about you: I retired last year and then started my own business this year.
  • Jodie246
    Jodie246 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Name: Jodie
    Height: 5'3
    Weight: 122 (I've been yo-yoing between 120 and 130 for the last 12 months, are really struggling to break the 120 threshold)
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 112
    Any NSVs you are aiming for: For my 30th my bf treated me to a designer dress - it fitted for about 2 hours (until the birthday food and drink started) and has been hung up in the wardrobe for the last year. I'd like to finally get back into it for my work Christmas party.
    Interesting fact about you: I recently moved to Aus and it's nearly Summer.
  • sparker_07
    sparker_07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Sarah
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 156
    Goal weight by Christmas: 145
    NSV I'm aiming for: to get fit, I always stress about the number on the scale, but I also miss feeling strong and in shape, so I'm going to focus on fitness alot this time around.
    Interesting fact about me: ummm, living in a hotel right now since I'm in the middle of a move. It's actually really helping with the working out since there a gym and I don't know anyone around here heh.
  • thegirlwthegreenapple
    thegirlwthegreenapple Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey all! I'm psyched about this group. My larger goal is to lose 30 lbs by my birthday in May, but 10 lbs by Christmas is about what I'd need to get there so I've made it a mini goal to help me on my way. It also looks like a lot of us have similar-ish starting stats, which is nice . . .

Name: Sarah

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 162

Goal Weight by Christmas: 152

NSV: I'd like to get into more of my pre-baby clothes. I am a mama of three daughters, the youngest of which arrived just 6 weeks ago, so I'm just barely starting serious workouts and shifting my focus to weight loss now that my body has had a bit of time to recover from pregnancy and birth. Right now I'm in the awkward limbo where my maternity stuff falls off of me but my pre-baby clothes are tight and unflattering, so I'd like to get into some of my old things so I don't have to shop for too much in-between stuff I'll hardly wear.

Interesting fact: My favorite non-food reward for myself are bath bombs and bubble bars from Lush. I love hot baths always but they're even better when they're colorful and smell like heaven. For every pound I lose I'm treating myself to one. :) I can't wait to bust out 10 more of them between now and Christmas!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • akielroki
    akielroki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Name: Julie
    Height: 171cm
    Weight: 73. 9kg
    My goal: To lose 10kg, I know this won't happen by Christmas but this challenge should give me a good start.
    NSV: I want to fit into my clothes again! I'm poor so going out and buying a new wardrobe is out of the question. Plus I feel sself-conscious almost all the time.
    Interesting fact about me: I was in a severe car accident about 5 years ago. Broke like 41 bones. Had to relearn to walk. I'm still weak and have mobility issues which is how I gained weight in the first place but I'm determined not to quit this time. I'm going to be able to run a few steps AND jump by Christmas.

Oh, and I'm a horticulture student. I love plants and animals! I'm vegetarian ( going on 20 years! ) and trying to slowly become vegan but I'm not beating myself up if I slip up and have dairy or eggs since I haven't gotten used to replacements yet.