PeDaLing GoAdiEs TGIF

Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
From one block to a gazillion miles,one gear fixie to a CVT million gears hear ye hear ye!

QOTD: Any plans for your steed?? Or have you hung it up in the garage like a freshly killed deer by it's antlers (handlebars)???

Replies

• podkey
    Options
    I did a super hard hill climbing ride albeit the under 15 mi range on Monday. My HR was up to a solid 90%+ of true max. Helped me feel great the next day. Enjoy my hill climb loop as much as possible and did it again yesterday.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    We are having unseasonably warm temperatures with a high of 72 predicted for tomorrow. I'm going to get out and ride as I need to explore the trails that will be used for a 25K running race I'm doing in 2 weeks. We are in a different section of the forest preserve system than the last 2 times I've done this particular race. Mileage TBD
  • lilybbbbb
    lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My newbie bailed on me for today's ride, so I'll probably venture out by myself for a bit.
    Heading down to Freedom park with a handful of women tomorrow, and volunteering with a (school-age) girls' MTB ride on Sunday! :)
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nothing planned. Have to mow the lawn one more time but I hope to get out. Supposed to be warm and sunny (relatively speaking) both days this weekend
  • podkey
    Options
    Yeah I had the unseasonably good stuff in So Cal with temps up to mid 90s but lo humidity, cool mornings in the 60s and 70s in eves. Would have been too much in the direct sun for Mt Baldy HC climb. I did that once and melted like that dead rattler I saw in the road. Yesterday was a nice bump up to 66deg in PDX and sunny. got out for a nice hilly loop ride before having a new skylight put in (solar powered openable w shades.
  • Swtdwy
    Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just finished up a pretty tough ride. Some new roads I hadn't been on before. The planned ride was 50 miles with 4600' of climbing. Most of the group did that. Three of us were at a little slower pace. Since this was a straight out and back, we figured we see them eventually. The climbing is mostly over three longish climbs. We decided to turn around at Mile 21, which was partway up the third climb.

Still managed 42 miles and 3500' of climbing. Pretty high desert scenery, nice early morning cloud cover. u2x4m130j1aq.jpeg
    qa3zdjeywmss.jpeg
    okjddlhzrv3a.jpeg
  • Swtdwy
    Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Rain if forecast for Sunday. Looks like I'll have to get some stuff done around the house.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Saturday - about 13.5 miles mostly on the trails (gravel, dirt, mud, random piles of horse manure) where I will be doing a 25K in 2 weeks. Temps were in the 70s

Sunday - just over 26 miles on paved trails after I finished a 10 mile run with friends. Much cooler today - mid 50s and I was riding into the wind the first half. The woman who owns 16 fleeces didn't manage to have one in her car today. I was pretty cold the first half. Then I had the wind at my back plus dug out one more thin long sleeve shirt I had in my pack and put that on along with adding my glove liners. I finally got to a decent core body temperature the last 3 miles where there was a 1/3 mile climb up from the path from where it follows a river.
  • podkey
    Options
    Nice work gadgetgirl. I rode to WW meeting today with raingear in my panniers. Uh rain pants, toe covers, mitten covers but alas I forgot to bring my rain top and it was raining albeit not super heavy going home. A big "DOH" on my part.
  • lilybbbbb
    lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pics, Mark!
  • podkey
    Options
    Ditto. Nice picts.