Women over 50 low carbers

I am trying to find women who are trying to low carber it. Over 50 wondering how it is working? For support and encouragement!

Replies

• Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi - count me in. From England - 28 lbs to lose.
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Great! I have a lot to loose but where ever everyone is at ! Help each other. I am trying to still understand low carbers . I get the jests but new questions each day. It is sort of interesting trying to explain it to friends even my husband.

I started this ketogenic because I found out I had cancer. I had surgery great outcome. My goal is to do what I can to keep it away. Also have type 2 diabetes, I must loose weight I fee low carbs etc is how to do it!
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Great news-- there's an MFP group for that! In the LCD Launch Pad at the top of the threads you'll find a link to our sister group, Ladies Over 50. Very active group!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,424 Member
    I am over 50 (51 to be exact) and low carb works great for me. I am at goal weight and so far so good...no real weight gain!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,424 Member
    I also just requested to be a member of the sister group....I didn't know it existed!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,073 Member
    Any ladies over 50 who would like to join are certainly welcome to join us. The more the merrier!
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    I just found the over 50 ladies group last week! Very helpful. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Come on over to the DARK SIDE, lol.
  • sas1uk
    sas1uk Posts: 37 Member
    Hi Elizabeth 2360,
    Sounds like you've had quite a time recently!
    I'm 58 and have lost over 70lbs using this WOE, so I have great faith in it. This forum is brilliant for both advice and support.
    Another useful source, considering your diabetes is; http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/
    You'll find lots of recipe ideas there, in addition to folks who also share the diabetes dimension.
    Welcome!
    Sas :)
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    I am waaaay over 50 (coming up on 71.) Eighteen months ago I went LC, using the Eades' book "Protein Power" which is a less demanding version of the Atkins protocol. I am only 5 foot nothing, with bird bones, so the 20+ pounds I lost in 13 weeks was significant. I've managed to stay within 3 pounds below or above my target weight without undue hardship. Well, with one exception: this past summer I stopped tracking protein/carbs and (guess what?) my weight crept up six pounds. Fortunately I had a family wedding coming up so I began tracking and, like magic, got back where I need to be. (I have to admit, I had extra incentive to succeed: knowing my husband's ex-wife would be there. No time to be feeling chubby, if you get my drift.)

Everyone is different but I've found this WOE easy to stick to and extremely effective. I myself wasn't aware of the over 50 group and need to make my way over there.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Hi, 53 for a couple of more months, need to lose 78 lbs. I have struggled to lose weight for the past few years, even with watching calories I have slowly gained weight until March of 2016 when my doctor did a blood test and it was discovered that I have lyme disease. Ever since I was treated I had lost 26 lbs, but recently gained 7 of it back. Today I am starting the Keto plan and want to see where that takes me. I have done my research and am prepared for the keto"flu", my meals for the week are already planned out and recipes have been inputted to MFP.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Hi @mandycat223 and @marm1962 ,

Come and join us at:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112128-low-carber-daily-ladies-over-50

and @marm1962 , not everyone gets the "flu" . Glad you have done your research and because of it, you probably will not even notice.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Hi @mandycat223 and @marm1962 ,

Come and join us at:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112128-low-carber-daily-ladies-over-50

and @marm1962 , not everyone gets the "flu" . Glad you have done your research and because of it, you probably will not even notice.

Glad to hear that as I clean houses for a living and was not looking forward to the "flu" lol