no appetite

Options
Ok its my 13th day on Keto and my appetite has GONE, its so weird, I went to our home church where we have a pot luck and I didn't eat a thing, coffee and cream for dinner? not good... soo 700 calories for the day and I could go to bed... however that doesn't seem right... any other "diet" would be telling me that this is dangerously low calories, so assuming that I am now burning fat (I have ben very strict mainly around 20gms carbs a day) it's ok to have very low calorie days? Or should I strictly go for my gaol for basic body functioning needs?

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It is only one day and if your body is still functioning, it will balance out. ;) Really. If you are hungry, eat. If not, don't.
  • kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I guess its a bonus...
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had a real dip in appetite when I first started this way of eating - I almost felt like I had felt hungry for so many years that my body was taking itself a break from feeling hungry at all!
    It did level itself out though and now I have some hungry and some not so hungry days.
    700 cake a day is unsustainable long term so your body will ask for more food when it needs to.
    I'm really bad at listening to what my body wants and needs (so many years of ignoring it) but I do believe that it almost has a 'reset' and that is when your appetite dips (well, it did for me!)