Christmas Food/ special occasion food

Options
I am planning on staying really strict for the next two months, but I do not want to blow it by Christmas/Holiday eatings.... I want to look forward to cooking some really special Deserts. I figure if I plan it all out early it will stop me feeling deprived... I am keeping things very basic at the moment I can eat a loaf of low carb anything in a second... anybody got some amazing recipes they would like to share? I like Cheesecakes, Icecream I have a amazing ice-cream machine, I am sick of cacao flavours... lol looking for those real special occasion but relatively guilt free... I LOVE plum/Christmas puddings... wondering if there is way of creating a spicy, nutty, citrus christmas pudding.... Brandy Butter! ooooo

Replies

• SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You might look at all day I dream about food website. Everything I've made from there has been good. She also has outstanding ice cream recipes.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    The launch pad / sticky note area at the top of the group has tons of links to LCHF friendly recipe website many of which include holiday recipes.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    If you do Facebook, I really like the recipes from Low Carb Keto Diet, I think she is based out of New Zealand, very British type foods that the other low carb sites don't have.

I am looking for the ultimate pumpkin cheesecake to replace pumpkin pie :)
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy - would you please share the link for the low carb keto diet? I googled it and got about 1 million choices! I'm a NZer and would love some local recipes.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It is a facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/lowcarbketo/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

I also found the NZ reference, it is a regular poster there,not the FB page owner, and she has this website:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com

I am a big fan of that website, I lived in Australia for a few years and also have spent a lot of time in NZ as well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @genmon00 had a fabulous pumpkin cheesecake recipe not long ago, but I don't remember the link to the recipe offhand.