Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• essa78
    essa78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been using MFP for 2 whole weeks! I'm currently living in Portland OR but I'm a Tucson native and will be moving back in 3 weeks. I've been bicycle commuting for almost a month now and I want to keep on doing it once I come home to Tucson. I would also like to explore weight training and longer distance and group rides in Tucson. The Tour De Tucson is a long term goal for me.

I have one friend on MFP, and we keep each other motivated in our own punk rock little way, with lots of swearing and resentment but in a positive way, lol! We're gonna be smokin hot mommas in no time, lol!

I can't wait to come back to my hot desert home, and I'm glad to know there's a little MFP community there, hit me up if you have and similar fitness goals or tips or just for pals! Triple super fun bonus if you're a cycling momma too!
  • jetrok
    jetrok Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Essa78. Good luck on your journey
  • USAFMickey
    Options
    Hey everybody, I'm Mickey. I'm a 34 year-old, married, father of 2. After 15 years in the Air Force, I'm struggling to loose weight after numerous injuries and illnesses pretty much sidelined me from any form of physical activity. I'm trying to get back on the fitness horse, but nagging injuries keep me backsliding. I figure that a public support structure may help keep me on the right path. Thank you all for being here, and here's to good things to come!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mickey!! Hope you reach your goals!!
  • JimDack
    JimDack Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jim
    Not been a member long, but have been slowly losing the weight. Looking forward to seeing post here. I live on the NW side of Tucson.
  • jetrok
    Options
    welcome to the most inactive group on mfp..lol
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Right!!?? LOL with all of the hiking, biking, fitness, and gyms in Tucson,, you would think there would be more people on the or atleast in the group huh!
  • katiefox21
    katiefox21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am relatively new to Tucson (just moved here after graduating from college in June 2014), and I don't know many people in town still. I have gained so much weight since I moved here from Philadelphia, where I used to be constantly moving and walking. Moving here in the blazing hot summer months got me into a bad routine of driving everywhere and not spending much time outside, and I decided it's time to break that habit and buckle down to lose the weight and get fit! I've discovered some great hikes around town already but I know there are many more. I'd love to meet some new people in town and maybe find a potential workout/hiking buddy, so please feel free to add me! :)
  • jetrok
    Options
    Welcome Katie. Hopefully you will find some support and get the ball rolling again. I will send you a invite.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Howdy. I'm fairly new to Tucson and I live up in Oro Valley. I'm currently switching back and forth between lifting and running to try and burn off these last few stubborn pounds. I'm not sure how active this group is but hey if I don't try I'll never know. I'm married with two kids and a job that I enjoy but has me sitting down more than I want to. I like to do mud runs (I'm doing the Tough Mudder in April if anyone wants to join) and I workout in the mornings. I run Tues/Thurs/Sat in Oro Valley through the neighborhoods if anyone wants to join in. I hope to meet a new friend or two and feel free to add me if you want.
  • JAM1611
    JAM1611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I live and work from my RV. Currently in Northern California but will be near Tucson for the winter. Just had gastric sleeve surgery and hoping to find support and new & active friends in the area. I work at my computer all day, so figuring out how to get some movement in every day will be most important for me.
  • jetrok
    Options
    JAM this group is horrible so I would look for a more active group and I am not sure Tucson can provide that. Sorry