FOCUS T25: Member Introductions

Options
chandraminick
chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
If you want to share, here is a place to introduce yourself and share your fitness goals.

Replies

• katie2400
    katie2400 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello:) My name is Katie. I have had T25 for ages, but have yet to actually try it, so this is perfect!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    katie2400 wrote: »
    Hello:) My name is Katie. I have had T25 for ages, but have yet to actually try it, so this is perfect!

Well, Katie, looks like it is just the two of us. Are you going to nail these workouts, and stick it out through the ten weeks?
  • THICKFITNESS
    THICKFITNESS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am actually starting my beta round tomorrow 10/31. I am going all the way through Gama and need the support. Early last year i completed alpha & delta but life flipped upside down and started my journey over 5 weeks ago. We are at different point but still 10 weeks to go. Let's do it
  • chandraminick
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am actually starting my beta round tomorrow 10/31. I am going all the way through Gama and need the support. Early last year i completed alpha & delta but life flipped upside down and started my journey over 5 weeks ago. We are at different point but still 10 weeks to go. Let's do it

Right on!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I suppose I should introduce myself since I'm the one who started this FOCUS T25 support group and have asked people to participate and share. I am a 5' 3" 190lb. 43 year old female. Last year from October to January I lost 38 lbs eating mostly non processed foods and maintaining 1200-1600 calories logging on MFP. I also was not working and did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred twice consecutively. I got comfortable over the last year and gained it all back. This October I did the program again, but haven't been able to master the diet again, so I only lost a couple of pounds. On the bright side, I got my body active again and prepared to take on T25. I decided to do this program because of its intensity and results. I have never done the program before, but I'm a pretty good judge of this kind of stuff, and I'm sure it will get me the results that I want. So, what do I want? That's a restrictive question when one has never lived a life of fitness because the mind can only imagine what it knows. What I don't want is to live my 50s, 60s and 70s in a delapitating failing body. I want to be fit, and what that boils down to is not huffing and puffing and jiggling when I try to do something active. So, I'm going to have to do challenging exercise programs for the rest of my life, stop falling into food traps, and lose probably 60 pounds just to get my body to function properly. I had a food service job for the past six months, and I knew that was a sabotaging factor for my health; so, I put in my notice and as of this week I am unemployed. I am going to take this winter to take the weight off while I can retreat from bad influences. After I get this under control, I will work on work.
  • switterbeet
    switterbeet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whoa, thanks chandraminick for starting this group... I was actually planning on starting the T25 program today (well, this T25/C5K program, and it'll be AWESOME to have a place to check in/get support to stick with it!

I've started the T25 program several times in the past but I usually lose steam after a week or 2. When I have been able to go a little bit longer, I've seen great results.

Recently I've hit a bit of a sedentary rut, and I definitely have a lot less energy lately - which means I move less, have less energy, eat more junk, repeat. :( I'm hoping to reboot a bit and get back into a healthier groove.
  • cristinabranco16
    cristinabranco16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I started today. I'm 38 and 195+/-1 depending on the day..
  • kitawmi
    kitawmi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I started 11/1. I have started Alpha several times and stopped after 3rd week. Thanks for starting this group!
  • paytenpar
    paytenpar Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HI, I started with Alpha Day 1 on October 31st, and I am loving it! I feel like I have so much more energy already and I'm so excited to get results as I continue this. This is my first Shaun T workout as I always thought he would be much too difficult for me, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how much more of the non-modified moves I can get through every day.
  • paytenpar
    paytenpar Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whoa, thanks chandraminick for starting this group... I was actually planning on starting the T25 program today (well, this T25/C5K program, and it'll be AWESOME to have a place to check in/get support to stick with it!

I've started the T25 program several times in the past but I usually lose steam after a week or 2. When I have been able to go a little bit longer, I've seen great results.

Recently I've hit a bit of a sedentary rut, and I definitely have a lot less energy lately - which means I move less, have less energy, eat more junk, repeat. :( I'm hoping to reboot a bit and get back into a healthier groove.

I've felt exactly like that over the past few weeks. I am a student, so I tend to get in "ruts" from basically sitting down all day writing papers or studying for exams. Before starting this week, I just felt so lethargic. Even this morning, I woke up NOT in the mood to work out. I finally convinced myself to stop procrastinating at around 3:45pm and kick butt doing Total Body Circuit. The second I was done, I felt such a boost of energy and regretted not getting it done this AM. I've never felt this invigorated after a workout before!!!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    paytenpar wrote: »
    HI, I started with Alpha Day 1 on October 31st, and I am loving it! I feel like I have so much more energy already and I'm so excited to get results as I continue this. This is my first Shaun T workout as I always thought he would be much too difficult for me, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how much more of the non-modified moves I can get through every day.

Welcome to the group. I'm seeing a lot of results already too that I can hardly wait until the end of the first phase.
  • chromekodi
    chromekodi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Rich. I am on week 3 of alpha. Been enjoying it so far
  • scanners107
    scanners107 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Chris, 29 from UK here... doing T25 for 1st time and enjoying it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TheDrew85
    TheDrew85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad to have found a group! I currently start week 5 this coming week, and then beta, very excited for that! I have completed the Insanity workout twice and got amazing results, however the time became an issue so I've migrated into T25, also there is no better motivator than Shaun T! Give me a shout!