Help

Options
I started keto 24 days ago and lost 10 lbs. and for whatever reason, I have had a few bananas and have been eating salad dressing w/high carbs. BUT I have been eating w/in my 1400 calories each day. Needless to say, I have gained 2 lbs. I find it easy to do keto when the weight is coming off but since Ive gained 2 lbs, I am frustrated. Any help wld b appreciated. Today, I am frustrated and wld love to eat sugar!

Replies

• nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    First I have to say that 10 lbs is awesome! Congrats! I know that gaining those 2 lbs back is very frustrating to put it nicely! I've been eating Keto for months and have only lost a couple lbs, honestly. I loose and gain the same pound over and over again! I could just scream but I hang in there and keep pushing forward. I've been researching and trying to figure out why I don't loose, believe it's my hormones or should I say non-hormones. I've started on progesterone cream to see if that helps. I take all supplements needed. I know I'm not helping much....but know that I'm stuck here with you! I do find it easier to eat keto even tho i'm not loosing b/c when and if I do have some sugar or heavy carbs, I feel like crap after eating them and the next day. I could just lay around and sleep all day. I've asked myself many times, "was that cookie worth all this, I've tasted a cookie before, i'm not gonna die without it". Maybe that will help you! We can encourage each other on this journey!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've read that eating over your limit of protein can be part of the problem. It's releases glucose or something. I'm feeling a little discouraged. But for a treat I had a rally burger without the bun. It tasted great. I'm trying. My body has to be changing. Plus I've also read that when we don't lose we actually lose inches. We should measure ourselves. I haven't done that. Have you?
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thx u guys. I am mfp friends w/a girl on here who is doing keto and she has lost 80 plus pounds. She said to stay away from bananas bcuz they cause a spike n blood sugar and will cause the scale to go up. I agree measuring is key. I wanted to binge so bad but didnt. Thk u for ur support. Lets try and do this thing 2gether!
  • gwenmf
    Options
    I'm with you girl. I'm curious.........what is everyone's carb goal? I'm trying to be at 20....it's challenging. I miss fruit. Especially apples, but they have like 29g carbs I think. I'd love for your friend to join us and offer some of her helpful hints!
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal for carbs is to stay under 20g. Believe my protein is set at 88g and fat is like 137g maybe a little more. I don't really worry much about calories; however I have them set at 1500 and hardly ever go over. I've never really been a big fruit person so it's not hard for me to stay away. I've always been a meat person until it's about all I can eat, lol. Never really liked cream cheese until now. I have found so many recipes to use it for and now that's my go to dessert. I'm a sweet addict, so I believe that's been the hardest part for me. I use to walk 2 miles every afternoon until my heel got to where it was killing me so I've stopped for now and recently had an x-ray and found out I have heel spurs. Hopefully can get that fixed soon so I can start back. I did notice that my clothes got somewhat looser (not a dramatic amount) but still didn't loose a darn pound. Sometimes I wonder I keep pushing forward, then I remember I feel pretty good so I keep going.
  • gwenmf
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. When we don't see the scale move, it's easy to get frustrated or discouraged....but (this pep talk is for me as much as anyone else)........think about all the "clean up" that must be happening inside our bodies! we are getting shined up on the inside. Our organs are getting a little rosier, pinker, happier..........awakened so to speak.......that in itself should be enough to keep us going..........and truly in time 9could take a couple weeks) that number on the scale catches up too!