Do not ear popcorn

Options
Bugged53
Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
Have been to ER twice since Friday. Today is Wednesday. Have an impacted intestine. Two enemas, twice being manually manipulated. They were able to remove some but still not able to move my bowels. Kernels are not processed. Very painful. Like being in labor for 5 days. Thought I found a healthy snack.

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Could you have diverticulitis? Sounds very similar. You may want to look into that. I have scattered diverticuli but not experiencing diverticulitis and I do eat popcorn.

I just bought black bean crisps (similar to snap peas) and those are slightly salty and crunchy with some fiber so may be worth looking into for a snack - feel better!
  • Bugged53
    Options
    It's definitely a blockage but was told that diverticulosis might be in my future
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ok definitely be careful. My GI doc in NY told me the whole nuts/seeds thing was really a myth but obviously listen to your doctor. Lots of good luck with this and maybe check out those snap peas or bean crisps - they are delicious!
  • metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been obsessed with skinny pop popcorn. It's delicious :) I get a big bag at sams club and portion them out in serving sizes and take to school or on the go
  • Bugged53
    Options
    It didn't happen right away. I'm 22 months out hand been eating popcorn for the last year. I didn't portion mine out so I am sure I overdid. But be careful.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I had an impacted intestine before surgery, also from popcorn. I was a few hours from surgery when things started moving. Now, all things in moderation. If I have a portion, I'm good. If I eat from the bag, I get sick and feel it in my gut.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    For my first 6 months I battled BRUTAL impaction issues. Once I started forcing myself to eat more good fats, and less carbs things have gotten much better. I wish you luck!