Low blood sugar

Options
Ok so all of the sudden my blood sugar drops into the high 50 low 60. Im NOT diabetic and never have been. I have never had a problem with my blood sugar. And its so random, just out of the blue i start shaking and get confused and feel like im going to pass out. Has anyone else had this issue? Nov. 11 is my 1 year post opp and i have lost 185 lbs. Im wondering if my body is just trying to adjust.

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    That has never happened to me...I would get to the doctor ASAP. Could be you didn't eat enough and blood sugar dropped, but better to be safe. Good luck!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Reactive hypoglycemia can occur. Definitely a reason to visit the doctor.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Are you eating often enough? I've had issues with reactive hypoglycemia in the past. It's no joke. I had to eat SOMETHING every 3 hours while my body worked through whatever was going on. Definitely see your doctor. If they recommend a glucometer, they can be pricey, but VERY important. Call different pharmacies and see if they are running any specials. I always got them for $10 or free if I filled out surveys.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yeah, also you will burn through your electrolyte sources faster, as you are not absorbing as much as normal. It causes a similar reaction. I have to be careful after long runs, because if I squat or stand too fast, everything goes black and swirly. I try to compensate with a shot of pickle juice (works faster than Powerade Zero), or a tablespoon of sea salt.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I need to try the pickle juice trick. I don't get the black and swirly thing often, but it does happen more than I care for. I usually do the Powerade Zero, but if pickle juice works, might as well try it.