Sign-ins, November 3

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Morning Rick!! It's just one of those days yesterday was beautiful now here comes the rain and more like the typical Nov weather. I figure today is a day we may not be too busy granted this branch is never as busy compared to the main branch. I am looking forward to the time change I'm tired of it being so dark out in the morning. Till later :)
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Date: 3rd Nov
    Exercise: yes. I'd love to say swimming (one of my favourites!) but it was a parent and baby swimming lesson so lots of walking up and down the pool lifting and carrying a heavy baby plus walking for about 45mins
    Calories:yes
    Tracking:yes
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Wed., 11/2/16
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    100 minute walk + 7 minutes Rajio Taiso + 15 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Thurs., 11/3/16
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    95 minute walk + 5 minutes Rajio Taiso + 20 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 3 minutes 60/140 Sumo Squats (60+80, complete) + 25 minutes 30 Day Shred + 10 minutes SworkIt stretching

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    fearlessinmy3rdact Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep - 60 minute walk, and 90 minutes strength training.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

• SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. I've been feeling a little under the weather but managed to still get my house cleaned, run around with kiddos and do 30 minutes of yoga and stretching.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yup!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, 42 minutes of Leslie Sansone 3 mile walking DVD
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    November 3

Second pass already!

Another tough day at work. My boss who gave me my walking papers on Monday "smiled" at me today and I just looked at her with dead angry eyes. Others have gotten their new positions in the Hosptital and ME they still have no clue what to offer me! I am still in limbo.

I eat when I am angry! I hope this phase passes soon.

What's the next step after anger? DUCT TAPE!!
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1)yes
    2)yes
    3)yes

For exercise this morning I didn't feel like driving out to my usual climbing track. So instead I did an around the block thing near my house. The block is on a slope so it gives me a hill of approx 62 feet. But if I climb that 14.5 times I get roughly 900 feet of climbing. Then I rode my bike to my wife's school to do a little volunteering. That gave me 120 feet or so. So I got 1,000 by mostly just riding around the block. My wife has some handicapped kids to take care of and is short one EA (education assistant). So I goes there to see my little buddy. He is 8 and hasn't managed walking yet. I give him a couple hundred yards of walker walking and as much standing balance practice as he has strength and spirit for. Somehow all of that counts as exercise. Well, it ain't sitting on the couch and drinking beer. Then I feed the little guy. I try to get him to use a spoon. It is a long term project to be sure but that little guy's smile and laugh ... is a necessary part of my regimen.
    My Garmin gave me a fair shake on carories today I think. I had the heart rate monitor disabled and I am curious if that had an effect on calorie computation. Tomorrow I might do the same routine with heart rate on. I think I run way higher heart rate on those hill repeats than I do on my regular climbing track. Probably goes without saying, if I do half the climbing I can run way hotter on heart rate. Tomorrow is supposed to be wind and rain so I will be better off on the round the block thing.
    Cheers
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3 today.
    I did a 20 min walk before lunch, then an hour CrossFit class. I logged every bit and was well under my goal for the day.
    Question to you all: Do you eat back your exercise calories? I usually try to leave them in case I underestimate my food. What do y'all do?
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @Shutterbuggg
    I eat most of my exercise calories which is why I am kind of finicky about calculating them. Well, most, maybe I should say 2/3.

• CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tracked my food and was under my calories.

For exercise I did Week 1 Day 2 of half marathon training. I also added in some sprints :) Total burn according to Garmin was 229 calories.

I have to say I love this challenge. I didn't feel like doing anything today but thought dang, I have to get in my 20 minutes. Once I got started I was so happy I got up and moving.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 30 minutes of strength training, 25 minutes of running
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YUP, today was rest day but i got in 30 minutes between a yoga quickie, and light walking.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? bARRLY!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES!

i almost didn't work out today but remembered i had to do at least 20 minutes!!!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    NOVEMBER 3
    Exercise: Yes - I swam 1600 meters at noon, and a Y yoga after work.
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

To Shutterbuggg - Good question. I was wondering, too:

For this challenge I set my calories just under my TDEE by 125 and plan to add back half of my (reasonable) cardio calories. I figure that will give me a slow and steady deficit of around 250 calories a day if I get my exercise.

To bocasdelbob - I think your day's activities did your heart a whole lot of good, more than any heart monitor can ever measure.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES -- 54-minute outdoor walk. It's been unseasonably warm here, so I've been taking advantage of walking outdoors instead of going to the gym.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

@RangerRickL what you said in your beginning post is so true. I need motivation like this to be accountable, and I agree that it does become a habit to try to get that exercise in every day and log everything.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    You are all wonderful. For me this was one of my giant days of work. My first client meeting began at 8 am. CDT and I got home after an evening presentation at 10:30 pm. I'll sleep a little later tomorrow. I take the day off after a long Thursday.
    Calories: ok
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: ok
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @Shutterbuggg I don't eat exercise calories back. I've tried it a few times and never lost weight when I have. But everyone's different!
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    @Shutterbuggg I don't eat exercise calories back. I've tried it a few times and never lost weight when I have. But everyone's different!

I start off my day with a negative in my exercise calories !! Haven't even moved yet. Even when I do move and do weights I am still at a negative calorie (meaning if my calorie in take is 1400 i can only eat 1200 bc it calculates the difference somehow??) not sure how this works

Anyone?