CHAT!

Options
FernRunner
FernRunner Posts: 79 Member
Hey all. I thought we could use a place to check-in throughout the process, challenge-related and not.

I'm Aileen. I've been back at this calorie tracking thing since about six weeks ago, and things have been going really well. I'm motivated, and checking in daily is such a game changer. HOWEVER...I had a rough night last night and overconsumed in a big way. Back on track today and owning my indulgence as just that. A one time thing. Just did a short Fitness Blender (non-jumping cardio), and now it's time to pre-log dinner.

How are YOU? How have these first couple of days been going?

Replies

• jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a very active sweet tooth, lol and Halloween candy is killing me. I sent all of our leftovers to work with my husband. I thought I had escaped, but then discovered that at my job all of the wives did the same so we have 3 times the candy here that I had at home...ugh. At least I have gotten it all moved to the other end of the building so I am not tempted....as much. My goal is to make sure to log it if I do eat it and not continue like it was a bag of chips. Now the challenge is to get through the holiday season unscathed.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi! Doing good here - yes, eating some candy but trying not to overdo it. I log what I eat -- still under calories. :) The weekend will be the real test I think!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well at logging my food and staying under calories, need to get more water and exercise.
  • calliebaker395
    calliebaker395 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with losing weight on the scale but not seeing it on my body:( how long before you guys saw results in the mirror?
  • wow_suzibear1
    wow_suzibear1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im in the mood for some pasta.. any suggestions of what kind I should go for?
  • lisag1288
    lisag1288 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello. So far I have done the best I have ever done on here. I've been logging every meal and keeping just under my calorie goal. I am really proud of myself and I hope to keep going. Being in this challenge is a huge motivation for me. I'm so glad I ran across you guys and joined!
  • mishii28
    mishii28 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This challenge started on my birthday actually so I was pretty pleased that I had only gained 1lb over my weekend celebrations + halloween outings. So far so good, I started off this week by reducing my carbs and upping my fats+proteins similarly to a keto styled diet. I find when I switch up my macros like that it helps me drop weight and not plateau.

My body seems to respond well with the keto style diet but I can't bring myself to eat that way all the time, it's too rich for my taste. Today's the last day of this macro set up, I'm pretty excited to make a healthy no meat all veggie rice bowl haha.
  • FernRunner
    Options
    jgnickel wrote: »
    Hello! I have a very active sweet tooth, lol and Halloween candy is killing me. I sent all of our leftovers to work with my husband. I thought I had escaped, but then discovered that at my job all of the wives did the same so we have 3 times the candy here that I had at home...ugh. At least I have gotten it all moved to the other end of the building so I am not tempted....as much. My goal is to make sure to log it if I do eat it and not continue like it was a bag of chips. Now the challenge is to get through the holiday season unscathed.

My husband also took Halloween candy to work with him. I'm fortunate not to be surrounded by candy in a work environment, but my father just informed me that one of our neighbors saved all his leftover candy for my kids. Go figure...
    Hi! Doing good here - yes, eating some candy but trying not to overdo it. I log what I eat -- still under calories. :) The weekend will be the real test I think!

I still haven't picked through what my kids brought home, but whenever I get to evening with a couple hundred cals leftover, I want to browse! I like a few things that they don't care for, so they're willing to pay that Mom Tax.
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I'm doing well at logging my food and staying under calories, need to get more water and exercise.

Water always makes me feel better.
    Have you ever tried any of the Fitness Blender workouts? I just started doing those a couple of weeks ago, and I really like them.

I'm having a hard time with losing weight on the scale but not seeing it on my body:( how long before you guys saw results in the mirror?

My experience has been that it can take awhile. I lost a lot of weight several years ago, and the first place I really noticed the difference was in pictures. I was like, "Whoa. I look WAY better!" That was such a good feeling, going from hating all pictures of me to seeing many that I liked.
    I feel like it takes several weeks of good eating before I suddenly notice that all my clothes are fitting me better. In a couple more months, that's when I need to change up my wardrobe.
    Im in the mood for some pasta.. any suggestions of what kind I should go for?

Last night my mother invited us over for dinner, and she had cooked some gourmet garlic parsley pasta. It smelled HEAVENLY! It was high cal, at 200 per 2 oz. serving, but in my opinion, I'd rather have a small portion of something delicious and satisfying, than a bigger portion of something bland. Those noodles that she cooked were egg based, and actually had a decent amount of protein.
    lisag1288 wrote: »
    Hello. So far I have done the best I have ever done on here. I've been logging every meal and keeping just under my calorie goal. I am really proud of myself and I hope to keep going. Being in this challenge is a huge motivation for me. I'm so glad I ran across you guys and joined!

Awesome!
    mishii28 wrote: »
    This challenge started on my birthday actually so I was pretty pleased that I had only gained 1lb over my weekend celebrations + halloween outings. So far so good, I started off this week by reducing my carbs and upping my fats+proteins similarly to a keto styled diet. I find when I switch up my macros like that it helps me drop weight and not plateau.

My body seems to respond well with the keto style diet but I can't bring myself to eat that way all the time, it's too rich for my taste. Today's the last day of this macro set up, I'm pretty excited to make a healthy no meat all veggie rice bowl haha.

Happy (belated) birthday! You know, it's funny... I've heard that word keto thrown around for so long, but I never really knew what it referred to. Looking at it now, I realize that that's the style of eating I gravitate to. My macros always reflect higher fat and lower carbs. It's just what I like. ALL THE FAT. lol

So, this morning is chaotic and messy, but I'm looking forward to a possible dinner out with my husband. Trying to save calories for a bit of indulgence there, but also trying not to starve myself so that I'm tempted to overeat.

Should I eat a small snack, right before going out to dinner? I've heard that can help.

• FernRunner
    Options
    Body Firming HIIT Workout for Beginners - Beginner HIIT Home Workout Routine

^^^^ Just did this short workout, and I'm pooped. SO out of shape right now. That's good motivation, I suppose. Do it until it gets easy.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options

It took forever for me to notice a change in the mirror. It was much easier to notice things like not having to squeeze myself into my jeans, or not being as tired after work.
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @calliebaker395 It took me a long time to notice - maybe 30 pounds - about the same amount of time before my co-workers started noticing. It was so funny when my co-workers started noticing. They'd say things like, "You started working out?" or "You're losing weight?" and I'm all like, "Umm, yes, for the past 10 months... 30-something pounds..." :smile:
  • calliebaker395
    calliebaker395 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sadinplaid wrote: »
    @calliebaker395 It took me a long time to notice - maybe 30 pounds - about the same amount of time before my co-workers started noticing. It was so funny when my co-workers started noticing. They'd say things like, "You started working out?" or "You're losing weight?" and I'm all like, "Umm, yes, for the past 10 months... 30-something pounds..." :smile:

Sigh... I still have a few more pounds before I'll see. But I am noticing small changes. Can't wait to start buying new clothes! Hello Black Friday!!!
  • Only_Today
    Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Biggest challenge for me this week is my dinners. I have NO time. I run from getting home from work to rehearsals every night (this is tech week showtime on the weekend days). I don't want to use it as an excuse - I want to make the best of it. Maybe simple small meals - one before rehearsal and one when I get home? Any suggestions?
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Only_Today wrote: »
    Biggest challenge for me this week is my dinners. I have NO time. I run from getting home from work to rehearsals every night (this is tech week showtime on the weekend days). I don't want to use it as an excuse - I want to make the best of it. Maybe simple small meals - one before rehearsal and one when I get home? Any suggestions?

pre pack "dinners" like sandwiches or wraps, or a salad and some chicken in a small cooler, then have a light snack when you get home. My daughter is a beast and will pre pack her entire day if she does not think she will be home to cook. I personally don't care for cold oatmeal or cold salmon.... but there are a lot of things that travel well. I also have a soup thermos that I can put soup or chili in.
  • Only_Today
    Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    pre pack "dinners" like sandwiches or wraps, or a salad and some chicken in a small cooler, then have a light snack when you get home. My daughter is a beast and will pre pack her entire day if she does not think she will be home to cook. I personally don't care for cold oatmeal or cold salmon.... but there are a lot of things that travel well. I also have a soup thermos that I can put soup or chili in. [/quote]

Thanks for the ideas. I do pack my breakfast and lunch and snacks everyday. I will start packing a few things for snack/dinner too. My guess is I'm better off having a snack before rehearsal as it gets intense and my stomach can be in knots. When I get home I can have eggs or cottage cheese/something light. It's only for this one week. :)