Am I reading this right?

Options
moprimal
moprimal Posts: 13 Member
I just had 350 grams of boiled cauliflower with 1 tbsp of garlic butter for lunch.

It states 13.6g of carbs with 6.8g of fiber, so I would only count the remaining 6.8g as the net carbs? ?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just googled to verify that was approximately the correct data, and I get more or less the same numbers. I got 2.5 grams carbs, 1.4 grams fiber, per 62 gram serving, so multiplied out, numbers are very similar.

The garlic butter might have had a small amount of carbs, I don't know, but sounds yummy!
  • moprimal
    moprimal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The garlic butter might have had a small amount of carbs, I don't know, but sounds yummy!

This was the first time I had cauliflower like that. I guarantee that it will not be my last! Really good.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You are correct. Your body will process out the fiber since it can't digest it. Net carbs FTW!
  • MSimmKeto
    MSimmKeto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! This answers one of my questions posted today, but where is the fibre listed and what is the easiest way of figuring this out on here? Maybe my 90 carbs actually wasn't so bad today - some of it was cauliflower where the fibre got counted.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Not all fiber is created equally, and there are a number of different "schools of thought" on whether to count full carbs or net.