apple cider vinegar

Options
kennygang
kennygang Posts: 93 Member
I just received my apple cider vinegar caps that I ordered and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on when to take it. When I opened the bottle it smells just like the bottle of acv and it taste just like but in pill form. I thought the cap would not be as strong but I guess I was wrong. Any suggestions would be great.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I take it after my first few bites of a meal. I can't take it before. I take one pill of ACV with every meal...and one Super Enzyme pill. If you put water in your mouth first, drop in the pill, and chug it down, you never taste the ACV.
  • kennygang
    kennygang Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanks I will try that
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Just know that if you have any stomach discomfort, you might need to switch up timing. Like @auntstephie321 - she determined that she can't use it with her breakfast meal, but using it with lunch helps her TONS....
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The pills gave me heartburn and the liquid I have been trying (Bragg with the mother) has possibly irritated my stomach to the point of bleeding. Not sure what benefit I have gotten for the trouble :-(
  • batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I take it at bedtime. I use the liquid in some water. I has lowered my morning fasting blood sugar.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't take it every morning, and take it in a ton of water. I put a tbs in a huge glass and sip with a straw without touching my teeth. It had also hurt my mom's stomach so you need to do it very little. Years ago doctors thought I had gall bladder stones and might need surgery. I found the apple cider remedy online and the pain was gone. Didn't see doctors again about this but didn't need surgery.
    kmn118 wrote: »
    The pills gave me heartburn and the liquid I have been trying (Bragg with the mother) has possibly irritated my stomach to the point of bleeding. Not sure what benefit I have gotten for the trouble :-(

• lamiller82
    lamiller82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not sure I get the same benefits... but I eat it on wilted spinach.
  • bully_lady
    bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What is the intended outcome of using it? We use it when we may have had bad food, and occasionally for a pick me up stirred into water.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Embarrassed to admit this, but I really enjoy water + vinegar + pumpkin spice + splenda. It kind of fizzes up and tastes like apple cider.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    HereLieWe wrote: »
    Embarrassed to admit this, but I really enjoy water + vinegar + pumpkin spice + splenda. It kind of fizzes up and tastes like apple cider.

I am going to try that! ACV was the only vinegar in our house growing up and we had it on spinach and in a cabbage, apple salad that we had at least 3 times a week. I do like it in water but I don't have it every day.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just restarted using ACV. I make a super strong container of fruit flavored tea.
    1quart hot water with 4 bags tea. To this I add 4Tbs ACV. Then I ad 1tsp each of coconut flavoring, orange extract and banana extract. I also add some sliced ginger when I have it. Top off with another quart of cold water. Shake well serve over ice.
    Drink with a straw from a glass container. Super yummy!

Edit to add:
    I add a touch of sweetener per glass as well as a pinch of salt.
    I drink this throughout the day.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    I use Braggs apple cider vinegar (with the mother) as part of my salad dressing. Mixed with olive oil!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I just restarted using ACV. I make a super strong container of fruit flavored tea.
    1quart hot water with 4 bags tea. To this I add 4Tbs ACV. Then I ad 1tsp each of coconut flavoring, orange extract and banana extract. I also add some sliced ginger when I have it. Top off with another quart of cold water. Shake well serve over ice.
    Drink with a straw from a glass container. Super yummy!

Edit to add:
    I add a touch of sweetener per glass as well as a pinch of salt.
    I drink this throughout the day.

@ProCoffeenator - If you're wanting to keep the benefits of ACV, make sure to only add it to the mix AFTER you've added the cold water. Any heat to it will kill off the beneficial cultures.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I use the hot to brew the tea. By the time I add the rest its cooled.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Man, I am telling you right now. I love me some apple cider vinegar. I drink that stuff straight. I could down the entire bottle in a day or two if I wasn't scared it would pickle my insides. I haven't been drinking it in awhile. If you just drink it straight, how much each day is effective?

Many thanks.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    2b5om2x6sab0.gif