Sign-ins, November 3

Options
2»

Replies

• Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @am_change & @fitqueenbess Thanks for the responses. I never know if I should eat back or not. I am going to try to consistently leave them for a few weeks and see how it goes. I have been logging for 4 weeks now and exercising at least 4 times a week but I haven't dropped at all on the scale. I have been telling myself bc its all that muscle I am building :p

@jtkatch What do you mean that you start with a negative in exercise calories? I'm not sure I understand.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Exercise- Yes, lifted weights and did day one of 21 day core challenge
    Track- yes
    Cals- yes

@Shutterbuggg I don't eat back my exercise cals if I am trying to lose weight. The exception would be if I had a major workout (i.e. ran 12 miles) or if I planned and built up calories to spend for a special event that night. For me, I just don't lose weight if I eat them back.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    jtkatch wrote: »
    am_change wrote: »
    @Shutterbuggg I don't eat exercise calories back. I've tried it a few times and never lost weight when I have. But everyone's different!

I start off my day with a negative in my exercise calories !! Haven't even moved yet. Even when I do move and do weights I am still at a negative calorie (meaning if my calorie in take is 1400 i can only eat 1200 bc it calculates the difference somehow??) not sure how this works

Anyone?

Do you have your account linked to your fibit (or other device) and have negative adjustments enabled? If so, it's deducting calories based on the activity level you have it set. I have my set at lightly active so if I have a little bit of a sedentary morning it will seemingly "take away" calories until my activity matches what it thinks I should haveby this point in the day, but it just takes an average so it doesn't know that you plan to move more later on . It usually evens out over the course of the day. I find it motivating to have negative adjustments enabled because I hate "losing" calories.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nov. 3
    Exercise-yes, doubles tennis for over 2 hours
    Calories-yes
    Tracking-yes

Nov. 2
    Exercise-yes, active rest day, but I did about 6 hours of housework so I figure that's at least 20 minutes of exercise!
    Calories-yes
    Tracking-yes

It's interesting, but for me tracking and sticking with my calories are very closely linked. If I know I'm going to write it down, it really changes my behavior. I know some people long for the day when they don't track, but I just don't understand those people. Without tracking, I am 100% sure I would be back where I was when I started two years ago.
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Exercise-yes, 60 min Morning spin class with strength intervals
    Calories-yes
    Tracking-yes

Feeling good about this challenge so far. Hoping I can stick with it this weekend and avoid the couch!
  • Sunnysided1
    Sunnysided1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pass day #2. Overshot calories again even tthough gave myself a bigger total.