2»

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Erythritol is one that is one that for most has been proved to be completely unabsorbed during digestion

Am I the only person who wonders, "if you eat a lot of erythritol, would your poop taste sweet?"

I should probably keep these questions to myself. It turns out, there are stupid questions.

:lol:

Like the unicorn ice cream poop in that video..... ?

Aha! I always wondered how the wondrous unicorn was able to produce keto-ice cream. Now we know - the miracle of Erythritol, undigestable even for 8-stomached unicorns!

Thanks for clearing that up.

I like the fact that it came out rainbow colored!! :D
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This conversation had taken a peculiar turn...and as a nurse I delight in the sick and wrong conversations about bodily fluids!

Years ago, my nursing instructor told us she and her colleagues were required to taste the urine of diabetics for sweetness! They also made their own bandages, and stood from their chairs when The Doctor enter the room, :D
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Bayluvr wrote: »
    This conversation had taken a peculiar turn...and as a nurse I delight in the sick and wrong conversations about bodily fluids!

Years ago, my nursing instructor told us she and her colleagues were required to taste the urine of diabetics for sweetness! They also made their own bandages, and stood from their chairs when The Doctor enter the room, :D

Uh...... I thought we emerged from the swamp a long time ago.... Hmm.

PS. Mightn't your instructor's formative years have been during the "cigarettes are good for you" era - as in "Pass Me a Lucky and I'll Pass on the Sweets?" A corpse's *kitten* could taste sweet after snacking on a pack of Luckies.....
  • Bayluvr
    Options
    U nailed it! Said her breakfast was "a Coke and a smoke"!
  • RalfLott
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Bayluvr wrote: »
    U nailed it! Said her breakfast was "a Coke and a smoke"!

Whew. That would have made it tough to taste anything sweet for a spell.

https://youtu.be/JjdwTHaDzCY
    Poor diabetics who got taste tested in the morning probably got leaded Coke or coffee instead of good old wholesome Postum. Oh, wait...

220px-Postum_Advertisement_1910.jpg

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    OOOOuuuw, I liked Postum.... and Ovaltine (not like you can find those anymore). I don't even know what the ingredients were, probably some malt beverage (NO, not beer!) I think.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    OOOOuuuw, I liked Postum.... and Ovaltine (not like you can find those anymore). I don't even know what the ingredients were, probably some malt beverage (NO, not beer!) I think.

I think it was mostly wheat in Postum, which is probably why it tasted so damn good, even to my taste buds as an idiot 8-yo.

As for yummy Ovaltine....

https://youtu.be/rZ5_SyvxDXE
  • Bayluvr
    Options
    Lol!! I remember Postum (I think), but don't remember my mom ever buying it. Ovaltine is still sold in some stores...at least within the last 2 or 3 yrs.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Mrs. Murphy DID lose 67 lbs....
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Erythritol is one that is one that for most has been proved to be completely unabsorbed during digestion

Am I the only person who wonders, "if you eat a lot of erythritol, would your poop taste sweet?"

I should probably keep these questions to myself. It turns out, there are stupid questions.

:lol:

:D Actually @FIT_Goat , you should wonder: "if you eat a lot of erythritol, would your pee taste sweet?" because your body excretes it as waste through urine. LOL

Interesting, I didn't know that. I assumed that it was like some other artificial sweeteners that don't get through the intestinal wall at all. This is probably why it doesn't cause some of the horrible reactions that I get from maltitol and other sugar-alcohols.

I am still not rushing out to test this myself. :lol:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Mrs. Murphy DID lose 67 lbs....

And she sure as hell could cut a rug
    With bennies in her drinkin' mug.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    WW II
    Amphetamines became particularly popular in World War II. Soldiers on both sides were given large amounts of amphetamines as a way of fighting fatigue and boosting morale. The British issued 72 million tablets to the armed forces. Records also show that kamikaze pilots and German panzer troops were given large doses of the drug to motivate their fighting spirit. Hitler's own medical records show that he received eight injections a day of methamphetamine, a drug known to create paranoia and unpredictable behavior when administered in large dosages.

Read more: Amphetamines - History - Drug, Drugs, Street, and Time - JRank Articles http://science.jrank.org/pages/302/Amphetamines-History.html#ixzz4PC3x65CL
    world-war-ii-and-speed-1941-1945-photo-u1.jpg

whole new meaning to 'The War on Drugs'
  • RalfLott
    Options
    WW II
    Amphetamines became particularly popular in World War II. Soldiers on both sides were given large amounts of amphetamines as a way of fighting fatigue and boosting morale. The British issued 72 million tablets to the armed forces. Records also show that kamikaze pilots and German panzer troops were given large doses of the drug to motivate their fighting spirit. Hitler's own medical records show that he received eight injections a day of methamphetamine, a drug known to create paranoia and unpredictable behavior when administered in large dosages.

Read more: Amphetamines - History - Drug, Drugs, Street, and Time - JRank Articles http://science.jrank.org/pages/302/Amphetamines-History.html#ixzz4PC3x65CL

Gives a whole new meaning to 'The War on Drugs'
    You made that all up, eh?

Fantastic find....

Makes you wonder.... how all the govt-created addicts fared back in that era of unprecedented military HR guidance by psychiatrists (the same progressive do-gooders who classified homosexuality as a sociopathic disorder a few years later). It must have been a nightmare.

And whether those skanky filterless cigs Ronald Reagan and Lee Marvin used to hawk were functionally ersatz-bennies.... .