Back on the wagon

Options
domez
domez Posts: 46 Member
Returning to MFP after several years. Still Paleo but I must be sneaking in too many treats as I have put on 7 kgs. Feeling great on Paleo and I will never go back to a conventional diet.

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Welcome back! Paleo makes me feel great too, so why is it so darn easy to slide back into old habits? I'm clawing my way back too! I haven't been horrible, but I know I can do and feel better! :)
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a cheat day a week, or actually a cheat meal/timeframe. It's helped because when I get the urge to eat foods I shouldn't, I'm like "do I waste my cheat day on this, or do I wait and have something I would enjoy more later". I really don't cheat big, well except for the burger and 2 beers the other night, but I was right back on track the next day. I've learned that if I eat too much of the crap it makes me ill the next day, so that helps to keep me in check. I just refuse to beat myself up about it.
  • domez
    Options
    Lot of wisdom in having a cheat day/meal.
  • angelnorgaard
    angelnorgaard Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off again for 2 years now.. I love paleo/primal. Like 3lilkids mentioned I like having a cheat meal because then I don't feel deprived of certain things. I also agree with the fact that she mentioned if she had to much crap she would be ill.. I know that feeling all to well, and often ask myself (after the fact) why do I do that to myself.
    So here I go again, got my paleo soups for lunch ready to go and plenty of beef and chicken on hand. The goal is to complete a whole week with out slipping. Wish me luck ;)
  • domez
    Options
    Good Luck :) You are well prepared and from experience that counts heaps. Keep us informed.
  • sharonsweed
    sharonsweed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    guys, when you do cheat meal.. I understand that you eat not paleo ?!
    maybe I should too becuase I struggle sometimes :(
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Me too! It was amazing feeling the mental energy come back, and actual energy too. I think its easy to struggle because sugar tastes good. My own kind rule around it is when at home stick to the rules, when I'm out just make the most sensible option. So yesterday I was at the pub, yes I can a glass of wine, but I chose water with my dinner. I had the roast chicken with extra salad :) - the best choice I could find