Eat Stop Eat

Options
MSV228
MSV228 Posts: 6 Member
Hello to all the fasting diet people out there!
I've been doing the 5:2 diet where you eat 500 calories 2 days a week and eat at maintenance (level of calories) the other 5 days. I am having some results but not nearly as much as I thought I would since on my maintenance days I've literally cut my calories in half and on fasting days, I've cut it down to 1/8th of what I used to eat. So, someone has recommended the Eat Stop Eat plan where you fast for 20-24 hours 1-2 days per week and eat at maintenance the other 5-6 days per week. Has anyone tried this one? And if so, how are you liking it? Any tips, advice, suggestions or whatever?? I would love to hear all comments! I'm going to do my first fasting day tomorrow.
Thanks,
Michelle

Replies

• raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi im on my 3rd week of 5:2. Im currently on my last evening of trying two consecutive fasting days rather than splitting them. I must admit i have found the process easier. Its weigh in day for me friday so i will let you no if ive had a bigger loss.... lets hope so! :D
  • MSV228
    MSV228 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I sent you a message before I saw your message. I'm sorry about that. :smiley: 2 consecutive days would be hard. I don't think I could do that. Well done to you!
    I've just finished up my 3rd week of doing the plan as well.
  • Baruchuda
    Baruchuda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm new to intermittent fasting but doing 5:2 in conjunction with 16:8 where you only eat within 8hr windows every day. Today is just my second day of attempting 16:8. Yesterday I did 8am-4pm as a window but tonight is a friend's birthday celebration so I am going to try to hold out and not start my window til after noon, as late as possible so I can eat later tonight.
  • leialeia79
    leialeia79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've just started Eat Stop Eat this week, doing two days a week where lunch is my last meal until lunch the next day. I find it easier than the traditional 5:2 as I don't go a whole day on minimal food but when I stop eating, I stop. For me it's easier to eat nothing for the period as opposed to eating little bits.

By hour 20 it's tough, but I can usually tea drink my way to 23-24. I've had a little loss after my first fast and refeed, so my next weigh in will be Tuesday. Happy to keep anyone update who is interested.