Nutritarian November

Options
Mihani
Mihani Posts: 3,948 Member
I was tempted by Carla's suggestion of Nutty November, but went with her first suggestion.

Soooooo have to get back on track this month. The holidays are coming with all the extra food and parties and alcohol and all that, and if I don't knock off a few pounds before all that starts I'm really going to be in sad shape come January. Plan is to get back to pretty close to 6 week plan diet with some leeway for parties and holidays, get some exercise, walking is good this time of year and I need the fresh air and sunshine before it gets all cold and gloomy. I think I'll start the 30 day shred this weekend too. I love how it makes me feel, at least after the first week when I am mostly in constant pain and cursing Jillian's name lol.

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I have to drop some weight before the holidays, so I guess that means better eating. It's that or exercise. I suppose it should be both but I'm trying to be realistic! :D I ordered a dress online that would be nice for Christmas but I can't get the zipper up.

My fingers were crossed for Nuts in November but I understand the less nutty choice!

Good luck with the 30 day shred, Mihani!

• liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies!! So excited that November is here. I don't know why, but October just felt overwhelming and insane. I hope November is less nutty heheh.

I am desperately hoping to get more exercise in this month. I am so out of breath doing things lately that it's scary and pathetic. When did I get like this?!?! Our treadmill is still broken from the move but should be fixed soon and that'll help in the winter. Also, I need to make my basement more appealing so that yoga is more appealing lol.

Also, I have some news! No alcohol this holiday season for me because we are expecting! Which is a HUGE part as to why I've been perpetually sick in September and October and my body has honestly not been able to handle vegetables (unless in soups or something). I'm starting to feel more like a person, but I mostly can't wait til I don't have to share my body with someone else lol. We are due May 9, which luckily seems far away, because it doesn't seem real yet!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend xoxo
  • emmycaitlin0304
    emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been in this group for a long time, but I stopped posting because I wasn't following the plan. I decided to start the 6-week plan on October 31st, so this is my first week. So far so good, and I'm down 2.7 pounds. I decided to blog my way through the 6 weeks and tell as many people as possible so I don't quit lol!
  • liapr
    Options
    Hey Emmy, welcome to the November thread and great job on the loss so far!!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi Emmy! Nice to see you again. Great start with the 6 week plan!

Lia.... squeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Congratulations, so happy for you. <3

Today was a total fail. Ugh. Not even worth listing all the crackers and crap I ate today lol. Going to make the detox salad tonight and eat it all weekend long. Tonight I'm going out with a group of friends and that won't be good either.

Tomorrow... back on track!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Carla, I have a beautiful dress that I haven't been able to fit into for two years, and I really really want to wear it to the big Christmas party that I go to every year. I don't know if 6 weeks is enough to get me into it, but I'm going to try!

Made it an early night, just had one drink and since the place wasn't vegan friendly skipped eating there. I'll have a salad and read a bit then off to bed. Going to work all weekend since the boss is out of town and I can use the catch up time.
  • emmycaitlin0304
    emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am down 4.5 for the first week! That's the most I've ever lost in one week on anything I've tried. Going to have to start changing the salads up some so I don't get bored.
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lia, CONGRATS!!!! What fun news!!!

I'm starting fresh TODAY with the meal plan from the nutritionist, sort of. Whenever I see something I just don't feel like having on the meal plan, I'm going to sub it out for something OSG or something from a different day that I like better. Also, I failed in the past because it's just so much food prep, so this time around I'm going to eat the same thing for 2 days before I move on to the next day's food prep. That will also let me avoid having a freezer full of leftovers!

Here's today's meals: (and tomorrow's, too)
    Bfast: green smoothie (spinach, banana, coconut water, hemp seeds, cherries)
    Boost: chia seed pudding with apple and cinnamon
    Lunch: gluten free pasta salad
    Boost: orange coconut walnut date balls
    Dinner: vegetable stew (can't wait to try it - smelled so good cooking on the stove last night!)

Here's hoping I can stick to it this time around!!

• Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Congrats, Lia!! Very exciting!

Mihani, fingers crossed for your dress! I have a dress like that too, but it will take until NEXT Christmas to get into that one!

Emmy, fantastic loss for your first week!

Hi Karrie. Looks like a good plan. Orange coconut walnut date balls...yum!

Had some tortilla chips with salsa today, but other than that, not too bad. Managed to stay away from chocolate so far, so that's good! Making good old red lentil cauliflower curry tonight and not worrying about the salt or oil this time around. At most 1 tbsp of oil in a double batch so nothing too crazy. I need it to taste as good as possible so i stick with it.
  • whats_her_name
    Options
    The vegetable stew was delicious - so easy to make too. I thought I'd share the recipe.

1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
    1 white onion, diced
    2 carrots, diced
    4 potatoes, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    1 red pepper, diced
    4 cups vegetable broth
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried thyme
    sea salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all in a pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I'm sipping an anti-inflammatory warm beverage and kinda digging it. Thought I'd share...nice to have something warm to drink with colder weather coming.

2 cups non dairy milk (i tested w/ almond milk)
    2 tsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ginger powder)
    1 tsp ground turmeric
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground cardamom (i just opened a few pods and threw the seeds in the blender) (optional)
    2 pitted medjool dates or 1 Tbsp maple syrup (adjust for sweetness preference)

Add all ingredients to blender and blend well. Heat on stove or microwave desired portion in a mug.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Awesome loss Emmy! Glad it is going so well for you.

Sounds like you're grooving on your meal plans Karrie. Thanks for sharing the recipe, sounds good, and easy! I have everything except the potatoes so I’ll be picking up a couple so I can make it.

The beverage sounds good Carla, I learned about the turmeric having anti-inflammatory properties and try to throw it in more things lately.

I did better today, stayed away from the crackers and stuff. Took some of the detox salad (made it last night) and ate that for lunch. It made a HUGE batch, seems like more than usual. So filling and healthful. It seemed a bit bland though, and I suddenly remembered that last time I added a few dashes of cayenne to give it some kick, and it was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the raisins and currants. So I’m going to mix in a bit of cayenne tonight.

I feel really good this week. I think the time change agrees with me. I have had more energy, not hitting the snooze button. Of course I want to go to bed at 7:30 lol.
  • liapr
    Options
    Thanks you guys <3 It is still taking some getting used to.

Mmm that veggie stew looks yummy, and easy, which I like almost as much! Thanks for sharing. LEt us know how the meal plans work for you Karrie!

Carla, managing to stay way from chocolate is a huge thing for me! Lol. Also, I'm with you, I totally am prioritizing making healthy food taste good before I get too rigid with my rules again. Sigh. I feel like my taste buds are totally NOT into the healthy food lately, I need to retrain them...

Mihani, I believe in you and your Christmas dress! but also, worst case, there are soooo many gorgeous dresses out right now, it would be kinda fun to have an excuse to buy yourself something extra pretty ;)

Great loss, Emmy!

I finally am getting some cravings for some vegetables again, so that's a nice thing! Good luck to my American friends watching the election tonight, we are all waiting with baited breath up around these parts. Hope you all got to vote! Carla, are you able to vote now too?
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Mihani, I'm so glad you are feeling better & having more energy! Yay! Cayenne to contrast with raisins sounds yummy.

Lia, not having chocolate is taking its toll on me...I had a dream about a frenzy of people in the supermarket all grabbing up bags of Halloween candy LOL. As far as voting...when you become a permanent resident of the U.S., you have to reside here for 5 years before you can become a citizen, unless you are married to an American, which then reduces the time to 3 years. I'm not at that mark yet, but getting close. Time flies! I would like to obtain dual citizenship ideally. In any case, I could not participate in the election this time around. In WA, you don't go to the polls, you simply fill out a ballot that is mailed to you. Very convenient!

My eating has been much better this week so far. Having the curry ready to go at dinnertime is a big help. I have a recipe for an Indian coconut stew with ramen noodles that I'm going to try out in the next few days. I know, ramen! I will be loading it with veggies.

breakfast - coffee, fruit salad
    snack - turmeric milk
    lunch - amy's wrap
    dinner - curry
    snack fruit salad
  • liapr
    Options
    Ahh that's so convenient re voting Carla! I feel like that is the way of the future eventually... we have that option in Ontario but only if you're not going to be in your city on the voting days.

Mmmmm coconut stew.....
  • Mihani
    Options
    Carla, that's a wild dream! LOL We have the option of voting early or voting by mail if you don't want to go to the polls. I vote absentee by mail during presidential elections because it is more crowded. During other elections I go to the polls. The people working there seem to be so grateful to have people show up, since most people seem to think local issues/races don't matter. It's bizarre to me. The people you elect that have a direct effect on your city/county/state, nobody shows up lol.

Lia you still craving veggies? How are you feeling? Morning sickness sucks. And from what I hear it is more like any random time of day sickness.

Still super busy, not eating as well as I should, I am eating oatmeal for breakfast, and the detox salad for lunch every day this week. Dinner and snacks, let's not talk about it lol. I did get on the treadmill tonight yay! Did 38 minutes and then thought wth? Why didn't I do 40?
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Ah Mihani, should have instead thought 38 minutes...wow, I'm awesome! I could have done only 30, or 15, or none at all! You rock!
    On the topic of voting, I was reading an online article that said voting by mail didn't increase the number of voters...I find that so hard to believe. They said it had something to do with the longer window of voting time. People put it off and then forgot about it. Seems so strange to me. I think voting online day-of would be the ultimate. Other countries already do this.

The coconut stew turned out good, though I overdid the carbs. I made it according to the directions for the most part, but added in some potatoes I had on hand and used veggie broth instead of water. Next time I will use low fat coconut milk and I'll add in some broccoli and skip the potatoes. Decent flavor and a double batch made a huge amount for us. I purchased dried curry leaves on Amazon in order to make the recipe, so I am going to search out recipes that call for them so they don't sit around in my cupboard for too long.

Here's one of my most recent resin pieces. I haven't posted one in a while so I thought I would. Someone asked me about a price for one of them online and I was caught completely off guard lol. I enjoy making them but the part about selling them is not so easy....figuring out how to price them and what to say & do etc.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Lia, I hope you are able to find some time to put your feet up with a nice warm cup of something you like and just relax for a bit :)

fu8tw9fuedop.jpg
  • whats_her_name
    Options
    I was doing pretty good. Down 3 lbs. Then I discovered our family pet (hedgehog) passed away on Thursday night. That was rough. I picked her up all the time for 4 years, but I had the hardest time picking her up to put her in a shoebox (with blankets). And I cried all night knowing I'd have to tell the kids in the morning. That was the worst.

So I stress ate.... :('
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Karrie, I'm so sorry about your hedgehog :( *big hug*
  • Mihani
    Options
    Awwww... sorry about your hedgehog Karrie. :(

Carla, I love that resin piece. Beautiful!

I have been so busy, didn't even realize it had been five days since I have posted. My diet these five days has been wretched. I am doing okay with stress other than the eating though lol. Things are just super busy and I am really struggling to keep my head even partially above water plus cover all the deadlines. I brought some files home to work on tonight so I'm off to get busy. I decided that I'm not going to worry overmuch the rest of this week, I have plans to go out both Thursday and Friday, but this weekend I'm going to do some serious prep work and get myself back on track. I have a grocery list ready. I thought at least I could do a really good streak from Saturday until Thanksgiving, and then get right back on track on Friday after.