Weekly Post 06.11. -12.11.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited November 2016 in Social Groups
One more good week behind me and hopefully another one before me :D Feeling I'm in a much better place again! And so happy about that! With the batch cooking I did yesterday, my meals are sorted.

I have 3 fasts planned again and have discovered quite a few new rebounding videos. The exercises are fun. Some are more cardio, some use more strength incorporating dumbells and squat jumps etc. As always on the rebounder...the core is key and because you are balancing at all times, the core is working throughout the workout for free B)

After 55min on my rebounder and a protein laden brekkie, I'm off for the day celebrating my nephew's / godchild's 21st birthday today.

Enjoy your Sunday and happy fasting!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f You are such an inspiration! I have fallen so far off the wagon... I swear I missed the ditch and rolled a couple miles downhill. I have a super huge, enormous amount of stress going the last few weeks, plus the lack of sunlight is messing with me, too. I know I would feel better if I fasted, but breakfast beckons me every morning with it's carb-loaded serotonin boost. I just need to clench my teeth and power through one fast day and I know I will be back on track! Oh, hello, sausage egg mcmuffin...
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1st day doing 5:2. I'm nervous but excited in a good way. Struggled with WW and. Counting calories to no avail for over a year. Can't lose weight due to always negating any calorie deficit with a few days of what I consider Normal eating. Hoping the calorie deficit of a fasting day will finally start some weight loss. Would love to hear anyone's success with 5:2
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Been there Kate, believe me. Slowly coming back to my 'losing' state of mind. I just kept 'fasting' even if many fasts were far less than perfect. Doing alot better now. It's just such a mind game...

Had a good fast day today and off to tai chi class...thus it should stay that way. Another good thing about Monday fasts....

Megellcor71 - I'm a lifer ;-). Been here and using 5:2 since May 2013. Went from 86kg to 57kg in about 18mth (goal was 55kg). Had a few curve balls and breaks (skin removal surgery, etc) in the last 2 years and am now at 63kg, thinking 57kg is a good goal ;-)

Fasted 1-3x per week during this time except when away for vacation. Counted on non fast days while losing weight. I love food...the good the bad and the ugly and can eat more than my share (my share is small as I am short...)

So atm I'm back to more controlled fast days, I count on non fast days, when I cook my own meals and enjoy the odd meal out. I do very varied exercise and enjoy that. Summer -biking, running, swimming, SUP, winter - running, rebounding, swimming, 2-5 sessions a week and I horseback ride twice a week too.

5:2 keeps my weight down, exercise keeps me fit and strong. The only combo that has worked for me - I was overweight as a child and obese since early puberty. Normal BMI for the first time in my life at the age of 45. The other perks of 5:2 is getting rid of the weekend bloat easily, having a very strong immune system and my blood work is perfect (5:2 or weightloss in general, nobody knows).
  • megellcor71
    Options
    Flumi_f
    Thank you so much for your input. We have almost same stats (my goal weight and current is 182lb). I'm in no rush to lose the weight, just want to see the scale going down and not up!!!
    I have gained 30 lbs in 5 years and I feel awful, the worst part is the more I diet the more weight I gain! So today going to stick to 500 calories. Wow... if I can lose weight doing this and actually believe I can be normal size again I'll be a lifer for sure also!! Thanks again for your story!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Another lifer here. I have been doing this for a few years. I have stabilized at a good weight and -like Flumi - ideal blood work but continue to 'fast' twice weekly to maintain at about 140lbs at 5'5''. I eat mostly plant-based and do a minimum exercise routine at least five days a week. Prior to this approach I would have limited success on various attempts but always gained back, sometimes up to 170lbs. This is a plan I can thrive on.
  • megellcor71
    Options
    Finishing second fast day this week. Much less difficult than I anticipated. I had 600 cal today instead of 500 due to my miscalculation but I'm not going to stress about it! How exactly correct is everyone with their fasting day calories? I sure hope this works, I feel like it is my Hail Mary pass after 4 years of trying everything else!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Finishing second fast day this week. Much less difficult than I anticipated. I had 600 cal today instead of 500 due to my miscalculation but I'm not going to stress about it! How exactly correct is everyone with their fasting day calories? I sure hope this works, I feel like it is my Hail Mary pass after 4 years of trying everything else!
    I used a calculator that gave me closer to 600 calories on my fast days and have been fine.

Due to some stressors last night, I woke up at 1am with the "hunger" I get when I want to binge. I managed not to do so and just went back to bed. This is the first time I remember overcoming that sensation. 5:2 certainly isn't the only reason I didn't succumb, I wish I had tried this when things worse for me.

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I come in over 500 more often than not and probably average just under 600.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ditto here...I plan for 500-550 and am often near 600. Atm I'm fasting 3x per week so my deficit is still high enough to lose.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Woohoo Coocoo!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    3rd fast done.... well 2.5 anyway...Tuesday I landed at 750 ;-)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Here's a bit of a question- I don't have too much weight to lose and am looking to reduce my rate to .5lbs a week sometime soon.

The idea to do so would be to remove a fast day? I suppose I could eat more on the two fast days or maintenance days, but I feel like cutting out a day would be easier. Has anyone had experience with it?
  • flumi_f
    Options
    CooCoo - if you're losing more than you wish, I think all three possibilities are good. Do what you feel is right. You can even vary from week to week, depending on your plans. A food event next weekend? Make room by fasting twice. No extra food planned? Fast once.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    That sounds good. I might keep the fast day during maintainence and spread out the extra calories during the week. :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Had a good week in many ways....
    2.5 fasts ;-)
    another 0.4kg of the regained ones lost
    and I signed the contract on my very first owned apartment.... Now it just has to be built :D
    Exercise during the week was a bit scarce, but I will get some in this weekend.

Have a great weekend!