hungry today first time in three weeks... did I do something wrong?

Options
Hi I am hungry at 11;30 am today, I forgot what hungry feels - like I ate some sugar free chocolate yesterday... and had two gin and tonics (diet no carbs) but I don't feel satiated like I have been .... Do some days you get hungry and just need to eat, or have I stuffed up my ketosis...I can't test.... I am aiming at intermittent fasting and trying not to have my first meal until 2pm, I only have 1 Tables Coconut oil in coffee in morning,should I up the fats in my morning ... ? I have an open Diary... I also ate my cabs in condiments yesterday, although I kept my limit, perhaps because these carbs were from sugars its stuffed me up...

Replies

• kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try to intermittent fast every day 20/4 nothing but water or black tea until I hit the 20 hour mark. but some morning like today I just wake up hungry so I eat.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I will get cravings that can feel like hunger from eating too much stuff like you mentioned. I can't eat certain sweeteners at all without it happening. It triggers something in the brain I think that just signals for more.
    Just stay on plan and tighten up on the crappy carbs and it will subside.
  • kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am sure its the carbs from sauces, yeah and the chocolate... It amazes me how sensitised to everything we become... sneaking in a couple of "sugar free" don't work for me... I see many people doing keto have stevia in their morning coffee, sugar free syrups etc... I think i will save for birthdays and christmas.... Thanks for replying
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Just stay on plan and tighten up on the crappy carbs and it will subside.

Agreed. We don't eat a bunch of food so what we do eat needs to be as nutritious as possible.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have been more hungry the last few days - it's getting colder where I am, so I think that's a trigger for me...also, after drinking I am usually much more hungry the next day, even if I only had one drink...I try to just be prepared for that mentally...plus, hunger is not always consistent, some days are just hungry days even if you do everything perfect.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You didn't screw anything up. The hungry/not hungry waxes and wanes.
  • kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been more hungry the last few days - it's getting colder where I am, so I think that's a trigger for me...also, after drinking I am usually much more hungry the next day, even if I only had one drink...I try to just be prepared for that mentally...plus, hunger is not always consistent, some days are just hungry days even if you do everything perfect.

I think its the alcohol, I have felt off all day and really tired and depressed... 2 standard Gins did it for me... yep I need to just quit that dream... :) (the summer spritzy icy quenching dream)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You didn't screw anything up. The hungry/not hungry waxes and wanes.

This. I can be completely perfectly on plan and this happens. Could it be carbs, alcohol, etc? Of course. But could it just happen? Yep!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

I think its the alcohol, I have felt off all day and really tired and depressed... 2 standard Gins did it for me... yep I need to just quit that dream... :) (the summer spritzy icy quenching dream)

I drink once a week on Sat. night. Next day, tired, depressed, and hangry all day.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Alcohol absolutely has an effect on many people in stimulating hunger. Anything sweet, even if it is artificial sweeteners, affect some people in terms of cravings.

That said, you will have days where you are more hungry and days where you are less hungry. If you are in weight loss mode right now, just make sure the trend of your calories is right. Don't stress too much about going over a bit on some days and under on others.