Shift work & IP

Options
kristafb
kristafb Posts: 770 Member
Hi everyone, I just started on Thursday oct 13 and I work 12 hours shift work (2 days,2 nights). I am finding it hard to get in my cooked meal in at the end of my day shifts. I don't get home until 630pm and go to bed by 9 at the latest (get up at 4) and eating 8oz of protein & all the veggies at that hour is hard on my belly when I'm trying to sleep.

Can I perhaps flip my day around? Have a high protein meal for breakfast like a big omelet full of veggies, regular lunch & a bowl of ip soup or something for supper.

The other thing, on last night shift when I'm up until 6am and then sleep through most of my first day off, I'd like to eat one of my packets from midnight -6am since I won't be eating from 6-about 1pm when I'm sleeping. and I get hungry on night shift. Would that mess things up for me is is it ok?

Replies

• ocstace
    ocstace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have days which I flip - like if I have a big lunch - I definitely don't want something for dinner so I might just do a shake or oatmeal.
  • kristafb
    Options
    Thank you @ocstace I'm going to try that this work rotation and see how it goes. The only good thing about eating the big meal at the end of the day is that it really does cut out the night time snacking. lol

I asked my coach about it yesterday at my weigh in and she didn't see any problem with doing that either. She even said I could split my protein up, have some at lunch & some at supper if that made it easier, which it would.
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you have janeva's cookbook or her Facebook page. She has great make ahead recipes, especially the cabbage soup with beef. I have baking days with alot of food prep for the coming week. It really works well, especially when working shift work.
  • kristafb
    Options
    @marise51 Yes I do have her cookbook & I'm part of her fb page as well. I've been making the Mac & Cheeseburger pie a lot. its soooo yummy and reheats really well. Great for work.
  • shelbylouisetaylor828
    Options
    I clearly need to get this cook book !! Yummy