NOVEMBER 2016 Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
Just in time for the new month.

This is going to be my self challenge this month, I hope others will step up for it too. The MFP blog has this great Jessica Smith workout for strength training posted, check it out. I can hardly wait to start doing this tomorrow. I really like her workouts and this is dumbbells, my fav equipment.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/fall-back-fitness-challenge-day-1-total-body-strength-training/

Join in, don't let the holidays get your weight up :)

Replies

• retirehappy
    Options
    Have completed the 1st days workout and downloaded the other to do later tonight. I really liked the first workout, very similar to body flex with just weights, perfect for at home.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I have completed 3 days of the fall back into fitness challenge.

Is anyone else doing a self challenge this month? Remember you set the challenge and just report in.

Holidays are tough, "You must run as fast as you can to stay where you are" Red Queen Alice Through the Looking Glass.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of the MFP fall back into fitness challenge. So far, so good.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    sheesh - didn't mean to leave you alone in here, retirehappy (sorry, I don't know your real name :/ )
    I'm really focussed on getting to a rest area goal for Christmas, but my 'schedule' has me down eight pounds from today's scale reading on November 28. I'm just intending on logging, eating according to my plan and walking like crazy. Sounds easy enough, right? (not necessarily LOL)
    -marilyn/ker
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Marilyn, Joell is my name. I can't keep up with everyone's real names either. So no worries :)

Hopefully a few more will join us. If not there is always next month. It is a self challenge, sometimes you need a break from it. I just find it motivates me to do what I say I am going to be doing. Sometimes I hit the mark, sometimes I don't, it is all good.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much stuck in a rut.
    I was religiously logging my food, exercising, measuring my blood glucose 3x a day and didn't see much of a difference. I have no idea what I was not doing right. I cut carbs drastically and felt like crap.

I exercised regularly and feel like it never got any easier, and I never fell in love with it.

So I'm just coasting now. I haven't "blown" it, but I'm discouraged, and not exactly motivated to start back up again.

I don't expect anyone to come up with a magic solution.
    If there were one, I'd have found it years ago and I'd be wearing those size 10 pants.

Just being honest.

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    <Waving magic wand at Chris' problem> BLAST - didn't work... sorry.
    But kudos for keeping at it and trying different solutions to find the one that will work for you! Must say, it's good to see you here... one of my old 'buddies' from when I was active on MFP the first time.
    You'll find the solution, I have faith. May not be a magic one, but you'll find it B)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Chris, a lot of discouragement is going around. This week has been a huge struggle for me, I just want to carb out, but I know that won't help anything. I'd just gain weight and nothing will have changed.

Is the new insulin therapy not working out? You are correct there is no magic solution, we have to just keep tweaking things till they get better.

My DH has found that oddly, when he wakes at night if he had a small high carb treat his morning number is a good one. Makes no sense to us, but that is what his body is doing these days. He is T2D, and controlling by exercise and diet. This goes against everything we thought should work. So we are keeping some of the goodies around that resulted in those good numbers for the nights when he awakens. His next A1C should be interesting. His numbers have been fairly good, but he is having another pericarditis attack, and that will really blow his averages for the last 3 months, since he had a mild episode early Oct. as well.

Miss your lovely photos and sense of humor when you are not posting, hope to see more of you again.

• CrisEBTrue
    Options
    The diabetes medication/ BGL level is puzzling and that is one of the things that has been most annoying.
    It's a long story and I won't bore you with those details..
    I'd never thought about having a snack in the middle of the night.
    I wonder what my husband would think if I keep a shelf with cheese cubes in the WC? :p (I'm being funny)

I'll freely admit this was a hard week for me too :'( and *gasp* half a bag of dark chocolate m&ms has all but vanished.

But next week will be better. I've been struggling with weight since I was 15 years old, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now, huh?

Thanks, ker, for the magic wand wave! <3 ::waving back::

Thanks, 'yous guys', for your words of encouragement. B)

4weys6cqedxa.jpg

• CrisEBTrue
    Options
    PS: I will tell you one thing about the meds. The most discouraging thing was when I was taking Bydureon and I lost 18 lbs... but it raised my blood sugar, despite the fact that I was losing weight and not eating much because I was so nauseated. And after I got off it--yup. The weight came back. BAH.