Mini Challenge 3

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Try a new healthy recipe or food this week. Step out of the comfort zone!

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am going to try a spaghetti squash. I have had them before but I want to try something new with it.
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    i think I am going to try the turkey meatballs - anyone have a good recipe?
  • Only_Today
    Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also bought a spaghetti squash this week! I'll be making it tomorrow in a new recipe.
  • Laceyden
    Laceyden Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had spaghetti squash this evening! I actually use it frequently, but it was a new "recipe". I use that term loosely as I just threw things together that sounded good. I ended up with spaghetti squash topped with sautéed mushrooms, broccoli, shrimp and garlic. I topped it with shaved Parmesan.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I just made a white chicken chili. It was delicious!
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I tried Turkey curry and think I might need to modify the recipe or find a new one. It was disgusting. I don't like my greens wilted and that I think was the main reason I didn't like it. As far as this up comming week I am thinking a chicken Apple hash for breakfast or lunch.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I dug out frozen green beans from the depths of my freezer (I didn't buy them, family did) and steamed them. I forgot that I actually like green beans! Now to add to my list of fun seasoning items for them...
  • Ourcats2
    Ourcats2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started to read Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type. As I'm reading, it makes sense. It is meant for better over all health but it is great for weight loss. Some of it I already incorporate avoiding some things (like avoiding wheat and dairy) I've found they don't agree with me, and I:ve lost weight as well. But there are foods like kidney or navy beans and Brussel sprouts and cabbage that I'm suppose to totally avoid for my blood type O. Get it from your library. by (Dr. Peter J D'Adamo)
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ourcats2 wrote: »
    I started to read Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type. As I'm reading, it makes sense. It is meant for better over all health but it is great for weight loss. Some of it I already incorporate avoiding some things (like avoiding wheat and dairy) I've found they don't agree with me, and I:ve lost weight as well. But there are foods like kidney or navy beans and Brussel sprouts and cabbage that I'm suppose to totally avoid for my blood type O. Get it from your library. by (Dr. Peter J D'Adamo)

I have had the chance to read the book. It was a great read. Been a few years since, but I do remember it because my friend was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and the or doctor suggested that we read it.
  • OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Made a smoothie with cucumber and spinach tonight (and a green apple). Not my favorite, but I did feel like I was doing something good for myself.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I made salsa chicken, it was wonderful and tonight I made stuffed acorn squash! Def. will have both again.