BPC

Options
Rainqueen77
Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
For months I enjoyed my morning coffee with kerrygold coconut oil and cream until I started taking chantix in the morning and had to eat something with it. I started adding two hard boiled eggs to my breakfast. Then I tried one. Then I switched to breakfast sausage. I was hungry two hours later. I was so annoyed. Plus I felt like I was eating more. So I stopped adding all the fat to my coffee ate something small to take my pill and followed up with a snack and a broth a few hours later at work. So I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and yesterday I quit the chantix (too many side effects). Today I had my BCP that I've missed for a bit. Hopefully it still keeps me full and functioning until dinner like it use too. Yum

Replies

• kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    congrats on quitting smoking!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Another congratulations on quitting smoking! Glad you feel you no longer need the Chantix poison to kill the craving for the other poison. You go, girl !!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    For so many people, smoking is the hardest thing to quit. To do so while also losing weight is truly impressive. Great job!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori - Any suggestions to chime in on your current journey of non-smoking?
  • Rainqueen77
    Options
    I have to say, the Chantix did its job. The Dr said start it a week before my quit date but that gave me anxiety so I just didn't take it. Finally, I decided I would start the Chantix and see what happened. I had a random quit date picked out, but I didn't tell anyone (figured I could always push it further off.) I downloaded a smoking app and without even feeling like I was trying I cut my smoking in half.
    Only problem was a few weeks after I started the Chantix I also started Metformin ER. So when my muscle pain started I assumed it was the Metformin and stopped that right away. Muscle pain increase and spread so I googled it and found people saying that 3 weeks in is when the muscle pain started. Well, dammit, I want to quit smoking... so I stayed on the Chantix (Funny thinking there, right?)
    So two days before my quit day I decided I wasn't buying any more cigarettes and I quit then and there (4 weeks on Chantix.) That was 2 weeks this past Saturday. So the muscle pain has spread, I feel it in the back of my neck and shoulders. So, I started weening off the Chantix. The muscles in my neck are strange now - I feel like my shirt collar is just too tight. But still I didn't want to stop the Chantix (any one know how this smoking anxiety is?) but I missed a dose and said -f'it I am Wonder Woman! I can do anything!
    Hopefully I'll feel better in a couple days.
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking!! Hope you feel better soon from the side effects of the Chantix!

Speaking of BPC, has anyone tried the BPC intermittent fasting? I've been reading up on it and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this? Considering doing this just for a couple weeks. Input and helpful suggestions are welcome!
  • Rainqueen77
    edited November 2016
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    Congrats on quitting smoking!! Hope you feel better soon from the side effects of the Chantix!

Speaking of BPC, has anyone tried the BPC intermittent fasting? I've been reading up on it and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this? Considering doing this just for a couple weeks. Input and helpful suggestions are welcome!

Thanks clawson. I feel like I am doing so much to be healthy - I shouldn't feel like crap.

I have had BPC for breakfast and didn't eat until dinner, is that what you mean? I do like that and I felt that eating food in the morning caused me to eat more during the day and I am happy to be back to my BPC breakfast.
  • clawson91
    Options
    @Rainqueen77--pretty much. What I read said to have BPC for breakfast (2 if needed) but not to eat before 2 pm. And then not eat after 8 pm. If I could not feel starved I think I could do it and would probably feel better. If the BPC is made correctly then I shouldn't feel like I'm starving. I've just been using coconut oil but going to stop and pick up the Kerrygold butter on the way home. Might as well give it a whirl!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @clawson91 a lot of us do that and there are tons of threads that reference it, but no specifically for that topic that I know of. For me, most days I drink BPC with 2 T of fat and that holds me until around 2 p.m. making me fasting from dinner the night before (usually around 9 p.m.) until 2 p.m. the next day. Sometimes I make it with tasty additions like mint extract.

@Sunny_Bunny_ as our resident thread finder, do you know of any specifically for BPC and IF?
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    BPC is my breakfast on my eating days too. I have come to enjoy it very much.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Rainqueen77--pretty much. What I read said to have BPC for breakfast (2 if needed) but not to eat before 2 pm. And then not eat after 8 pm. If I could not feel starved I think I could do it and would probably feel better. If the BPC is made correctly then I shouldn't feel like I'm starving. I've just been using coconut oil but going to stop and pick up the Kerrygold butter on the way home. Might as well give it a whirl!

@clawson91 - In my experience it took about 2 weeks for me to get used to the BPC (Tea, in my case) in order to be able to use that alone to set aside my hunger. I would have a small snack WITH it until I adjusted. That being said, the BPC recipe doesn't work for everyone. Check out THIS LINK for another recipe that might work and that explains why "traditional butter coffee" might not work for you.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori - Any suggestions to chime in on your current journey of non-smoking?

No. Because I'm back to full fledged smoking. However...CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm impressed, it's awfully difficult. I've considered the chantix route....
  • Rainqueen77
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

No. Because I'm back to full fledged smoking. However...CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm impressed, it's awfully difficult. I've considered the chantix route....

Thanks! I'm feeling okay at the moment. I feel like after all this crap I have to be done smoking. I never wanna do this again.
  • clawson91
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thanks for the suggestion but the link isn't working. I've done BPC with just coconut oil but today I did add the butter. I've just started to get hungry. Let me know if you find another link. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thanks for the suggestion but the link isn't working. I've done BPC with just coconut oil but today I did add the butter. I've just started to get hungry. Let me know if you find another link. :)

@clawson91 -it ended up combining two links, not sure how that happened.

healthfulpursuit.com/2015/04/rocket-fuel-latte/

If it doubt, google the site Healthful Pursuit with Leanne Vogel, Rocket Fuel Latte Recipe... :)

I'm glad you did better today!