Completely out of control...

Options
I don't know if this happens to people with any sort of Gastric Surgery, but for me, I have gained weight back! My worst fear and nightmare has come true!
I had the Gastric Bypass in 2014, and lost 104lbs... but I have gained back 35lbs already!
I am just so discouraged, and ashamed.

Worst part, I don't have a support system who knows what I've been through... So I feel completely alone on this journey.

Replies

• AnneSpanTrans
    AnneSpanTrans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a Roux en Y 5 years ago and lost 125 lbs. I've gained back 5 lbs a year since then. It's still considered a success, but I don't want this trend to continue. I'm back here to get back to my lowest post-surgery weight.

EmmyMay123, don't beat yourself up. Just start back in. It's not like you have to lose 104 lbs again. It's just 35. We know how this works and we can do it again.
  • AnneSpanTrans
    Options
    What did me in was less physical activity, coupled with discovering, after a few years, that I could eat sweets again without getting sick, and starting to keep candy around the house again.

I'm getting my fitness tracker out of the drawer and charging it up again and I'm going to allow myself to buy one small sweet treat each time I get groceries - instead of three or four.
  • AnneSpanTrans
    Options
    And getting my food scale and measuring cups out again.

What steps are you taking?
  • Buttaflyqueen74
    Buttaflyqueen74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @emmymay123 thanks for your post, but I think you just need to get back into the swing of things, eating your protein, working out 30-45mins 3days a week, and NO SUGARS
  • linza7116
    linza7116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What has helped me after the sleeve is 1. protein 1st, 2 not having the sweets and candy around, 3. have plenty of things I like to munch on like microwaved cheese crisps around to snack on. Allow your self to have good stuff like shrimp and crab, lobster. Its better than paying for new larger clothes.
  • Buttaflyqueen74
    Options
    Thanks @linza7116 that was very good information...very helpful!
  • emmymay123
    emmymay123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just so thankful for all of your support @linza7116 @Buttaflyqueen74 @AnneSpanTrans!

I am so off track right now. My steps at the moment are nothing. I recently moved and started a new job. With these changes it really stopped me from staying on my routines.
  • Minskygirl
    Minskygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. I was just reading about Al Roker having bypass years and gaining back like 60 lbs. so it can happen even to someone with all the resources he has. He's back in healthy shape now. Losing 104 is amazing! You can do 35!
  • annasianca
    annasianca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve back in 2012 and lost 120 lbs.
    In the past 2 years, I gained back 40 lbs. I am thinking something is wrong with me.
    I need to start tracking and use portion control.
  • Buttaflyqueen74
    Options
    Hello Ladies, have any of you had problems with sipping fluids after surgery and your stomach start cramping? If so, what did you do?

My doctor told me my stomach was sensitive to cold fluids and I must warm up all my fluids for the next 2wks.
  • angelica51683
    angelica51683 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I saw your post and I joined the group. I am looking for support as well. I had gastric bypass on September 28, 2016 and it has been absolutely life changing. Some days are ok, some days are hard but I do not regret it. I struggle alot with getting my water in and protein since my taste buds changed 100%. I lost 37 lbs so far.
  • Rebecca_1492
    Rebecca_1492 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    EmmyMay, I just had RNY on Nov 28th, so I don't know much about regain except that it happens and you are not alone. During my search for edible food at these beginning stages, however, I ran across this website: http://www.bariatriceating.com/well-help-you-lose-bariatric-regain/
    They talk about "resetting" your pouch. I wish you luck. And I am glad you are doing something about it before you have another 100 lbs to lose rathen than 35. 35 is really DOABLE!
  • kimdarnelkrn
    kimdarnelkrn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The website Rebecca mentioned looks great..I've heard you can do a pouch reset also. Sounds like the way to go.
  • Lola911
    Lola911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! New here. I had the sleeve done 1/19/15 and lost 120 lbs. 288 was my starting weight and my lowest was 151. I’m back to 215!!! I need to reverse the cycle ASAP! I have a bum knee so exercise is limited. The key for me is going to be food and drink choices!