No-Nonsense November: Week 3 Check-In (11/15-11/21)

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    11/12 Zero
    11/13 Zero
    11/14 Zero
    11/15: 110 minutes playing makeup. 50 min. walk (3 miles), 30 aerobics, 30 stretch.

555 minutes to meet goal of 1200 minutes in November.

November 16:
    140 minutes. 90 minutes stationary bike (21 miles per the bike), 50 minutes walk (3 miles).
    Done. Catching up.
    415 minutes remaining to reach goal of 1200 minutes for November.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am soooo off the wagon, you guys. In that vicious downward spiral of eating more carbs which leads to being hungry all the time and craving more carbs.

Must. break. the. cycle.

I have at least worked out some.

Note to self: This also leads to breakouts, less happy digestive system, and looking sick/terrible. Stop the nonsense. :tongue:
  • josgall
    josgall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    josgall wrote: »

Tuesday, 11/15:

No Artificial sweeteners: ✅
    Water: 3, 32oz ❌will set a timer on water tomorrow
    Logged Food: ✅
    Exercise as Planned?: ✅
    At or Under Carb Level: ✅
    At or Under Calorie Limit: ✅
    Planned Day Ahead: ✅

Wednesday, 11/16:

Water: 4, 20oz ✅

Made it to the gym today for leg day, felt weak some at the gym and hit the broth immediately after the workout. Began drinking water first thing in the morning and finished my entire half gallon (not enough but will increase goal next week - I hate plain water with no sweetener or flavor). Cravings for sweets were high today. Ran a home keto test today that showed me in 80%
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    For 11/16
    Water-64 oz
    Food-logged
    Exercise-30 min walk at lunch
    Below 70g carbs-40
    Below 1400 cal-1339
    Meals planned-Not planning per se this week but I bought some great options for the week on Sunday.

Looking forward to 3 warm days, hoping to get outside for a walk or bike ride before the coming cold snap.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    11/16/16 results:
    Net carbs -> 44 :(
    Calories -> 1778 :(
    Workouts -> 3/5 :D
    Weight -> 217 (still retaining water from the creatine/carbs) :s
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    11/16 check in
    Daily Goals:
    Water: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned: check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 18/20 check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: check.jpg

Monthly Goal:
    Lose 10 pounds
    4/10

Total Points: 52/80

• changingleemfp
    changingleemfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Finally got past my plateau! I read that too much coconut oil and milk can cause you to stall, so I added more olive oil and duck fat.

I also increase my fat macro to 70% and my caloric intake. The Keto WOE keeps me so full that I am usually way under my calorie goal.

If any of you are struggling with a stall, I hope my experience can help!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The Keto WOE keeps me so full that I am usually way under my calorie goal.

Lately this has been a bit of a problem for me. I have been doing alternate day eating but think I will switch to once a day meals as trying to get in more than one meal on my eating days has been challenging lately. The LCHF woe just makes me so full. I do eat a lot of low net carb veggies, so that is probably a huge contributor, but I don't know if I can give them up.

Yesterday, after my normal 36 hr fast, for lunch I started cooking artichokes. I was hungry while they were cooking so I had a bowl of romaine with a sugar free olive oil vinaigrette. Still hungry while waiting for the artichokes, so ate a chopped avocado with grated parmesan. By the time I ate 2 artichokes with dipping butter, I was stuffed. Ended up eating 1/2 lb of burger with paleo/LC ketchup for dinner, but I wasn't hungry...just ate because I knew I needed both the protein and fat. I ended up way under my targeted calories. I will have to focus on splitting up those high fiber foods to make it easier to consume what I need to.

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    @idocdlw with ADF, OMAD, and a 36-hour fat, are you calculating your calorie target on a weekly basis?
  • idocdlw
    edited November 2016
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    @idocdlw with ADF, OMAD, and a 36-hour fat, are you calculating your calorie target on a weekly basis?

Yep...still falling under just because I haven't been really hungry. I recently resumed lifting weights and HIIT on a bike so need those extra calories. Normally spend my winters in FL where I am kayaking and in the pool a lot. Having to adjust to a KS winter. So will make the adjustments I know I need to make. Had a grapefruit (my candy) just to add to the calorie count last night.
  • idocdlw
    Options
    Bacon fried cabbage (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/196732/fried-cabbage-with-bacon-onion-and-garlic/) on the menu today...had BPC for breakfast so on the way to homeostasis with a planned daily meal.
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    No weight loss in the last 2 weeks...sort of. I'm in a super hormonal phase right now and my Dr. discontinued one of my thyroid meds, increased another. My body must be adjusting. I'm still on plan diet wise.

I had hoped to be below 190 by the end of November. It might still happen. Today I stepped on the scale and I was 193 and I thought I lost a pound. Turns out in the past 2 weeks, I gained a pound and then lost it, lol. I didn't look at my log.

SW: 201.5 July 2016
    CW: 193
    GW Dec 1: 189.99
    GW 135
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Been doing good the last couple days with staying on plan. Cooked some amazing beef over the weekend to eat this week and next. Made homemade cranberry sauce in the crockpot with cranberries, water, and stevia and once it was cooked down I added in the beef and cooked that low and long. We had it last night and it is amazing. Also made a blueberry cream cheese loaf out of almond flour and that was good too. After a week of bouncing around 204-205 I have now hit 203.8. Not much but it's a change. Hopefully will see it start going down even more. Still looking to hit 199.9 by the end of the month.
  • josgall
    josgall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thursday, 11/17:

Water: 4, 20oz ✅

Last day of gym today for the week. Did shoulders and abs. Drinking broth a couple of times today. Starting to get some sinus trouble and sore throat. Still without sweetener.
  • changingleemfp
    changingleemfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First time that I went way over my carbs. Starting to feel sick, so I drank an Emergen-C per normal....it has 9 carbs!

Headed to the doctor today, I hope prescription medicine will have less carbs!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    For 11/17
    Water - 70 oz
    Food - logged
    Exercise - none
    Below 70g carbs - 83
    Below 1400 cal - 1657
    Meals planned - same foods I packed the day before

I was feeling hungry yesterday at lunchtime and splurged a little. These numbers don't bother me as I had a great week. Have a nice weekend all :smile:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    11/17 results:
    Net Carbs -> 56 :o
    Calories -> 1880 :o
    Workouts -> 4/5 :)
    Weight -> 216.5 (finally coming back down!) :)

Have a great weekend folks!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    11/17 check in
    Daily Goals:
    Water: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned:
    At or Under Carb Level: 16/20 check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: check.jpg

Monthly Goal: