Fixes for low macro days?

Options
MKknits
MKknits Posts: 184 Member
I sell Usborne books and had a vendor event today. Brought a coffee with cream and 1 splenda, and threw a few slices of salami and a cheddar cheese stick in my bag in case I got hungry. Here it is 3:30 and all I've had is the coffee, cheese stick and 1 slice of salami and I have no appetite. On top of that I let my oldest pick supper as a reward for being such a big help and lugging my books into and out of the show for me - she picked roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. So I'm going to be way low on all of my macros. I just had 1/2 slice of keto cheesecake I entered online orders placed and adjusted my inventory but that isn't going to do it.

When you have days this low when it comes to your macros how do you fix that - I've essentially skipped a meal today and I don't miss it but my macros sure miss it. I'm at about half way for all of them after I track supper (and I plan on having butter, cheese and bacon with my chicken and green beans).

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    This is what is called an inadvertent or unplanned fast. Don't worry about it.
  • MKknits
    Options
    This not being hungry thing is different for me - I've always been a really hungry person. Also usually if I skipped a meal for this long I would get really shaky and dizzy, I was surprised that as I was packing up my stuff that I realized it was 3 and I had barely eaten and not only was I not hungry I wasn't feeling shaky or dizzy either.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It is 5:00 PM and I have only had Bacon today so I am with you. I didn't move around as much today though so I think that might be why I do not feel I need food. Guess I am doing an intermittent fast as well. I do have a small headache though but I think I need more water and more pickle juice shots lol
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I like to look at averages over the week. A low day here and there is nothing to worry about.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    MKknits wrote: »
    . . .When you have days this low when it comes to your macros how do you fix that . . .

I ignore it. Within a day or two I'll have a "hungry day" that will make up for it. :smile:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to fix. Your body met all your macros on your behalf while you busy working, it was happily sneaking food from the onboard cupboards :wink:
    THIS is why low carb works!
  • MKknits
    Options
    Thank you @Sunny_Bunny_ I've really been amazed the last few weeks at how changing the way I am eating is really changing my relationship with food. For example today we were running errands in town and I had only packed a cheese stick thinking we would be back for lunch. Before I realized it it was 2 and we hadn't eaten and the girls were starving (and cranky and fighting so food was necessary stat), so I hit up McDonald's and get them their meals. For myself I ordered a sausage, round egg and cheese (will probably leave the cheese off next time) because I was hungry. When I first opened the box mentally I thought "man there is no way this is enough food" but I decided to eat it and see what my body thought - and you guessed it that one sausage patty and round egg kept me full until 7.
  • jenngerpeacox
    jenngerpeacox Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean @MKknits I have been doing the same thing inadvertently. Eat at 7am and not be hungry again til 3pm or 5pm and not even be thinking about food, or worrying when my next meal will be. I used to get real hangry if I didn't eat every 2-3 hours. Now I eat at 3p or 5p and don't eat again until 7am, 8am or even 9:30am. Two meals a day. That would have been unheard of before. Fat is filling!