New to lchf, new to forum....hi!

Options
kae_ell
kae_ell Posts: 3 Member
I posted an intro on the main forum and was kindly redirected here, so this is pretty much a c/p:

I've been on MFP for about a week and thought I should introduce m'self...

No stranger to weight issues, I lost 105lbs about 12 years ago and have managed to keep a great deal of it off--but there's about 35lbs that came and found me again!! I'm getting a little older (46) and worry that if I keep allowing myself to gain, it will be impossible to lose once I hit 50...I've recently had some "mechanical" issues--nerve pinches, hip joint problems, etc. that I know will only get worse if I can't take control now, so that's what I'm doing!! It's not so much about the weight loss as it is about the lifestyle change--my spouse and I went shopping a few weeks ago and what was in the cart at checkout was, well, EMBARRASSING!! Not to mention that he's having some issues with blood sugar so I decided, right then and there, that something needed to change and, like it or not, dear hubby is along for the ride!!

I've spent the last few weeks detoxing from sugar, wheat and pretty much most carbs...I've always thought the low carb lifestyles would fit more with what I naturally gravitate to, foodwise (unless I'm all hopped up on sugar...then that's all I want or need), so I've chosen to go keto and I'm amazed at how much energy and clarity I'm having, it's awesome.

I'm looking forward to learning all I can from everyone here!

~kl

Replies

• Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I agree, keto is awesome. Welcome.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are plenty of folks here 50 and beyond who are losing their excess. I lost all of mine @ 59/60 years old but good for you for getting your re-gain off now! The sooner the better. :)
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey, hey! Welcome to our group!

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you would like!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm not new to MFP, but very new to keto.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! Welcome!
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am also new to the Keto lifestyle and so far loving it :) Feel free to add me as well.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I like new friends. I've been keto since April and lost 50 lbs so far!