Pedaling Goadies

Options
Swtdwy
Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
What's happening in the world of two wheels?

Replies

• Swtdwy
    Options
    DW eschewed the group ride this morning (it's a nice route but we always flat on it and we wanted to sleep in a bit!)

We did a nice 24 miler on the bike paths. Still strict on the Keto diet and definitely felt better than last week. We rode for about 1:40 with only a few short breaks. I actually felt stronger the last 40 minutes of the ride, despite not eating anything during (just water in my bottle). Maybe that's the Ketosis kicking in. I'll stay the path and see where it takes me.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I replaced the cut rear tire on my bike and plan to put some amount of miles on it today. Of course, the temps are in the mid 20's which I prefer for running not bike riding. But I'm going to layer up and give this a try. In other words, suck it up buttercup!
  • Swtdwy
    Options
    It's actually raining right now on SoCal (although most people in other parts of the country wouldn't even consider this a drizzle - here it's torrential!) but still hoping to suck it up and get some miles in!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Did do the club ride today - partly because of the weather (it was quite nasty in London) and partly because I wasn't keen on the planned ride. Went to the gym instead and did a 5K run as well as some swimming and 10K on the wattbike.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Mark and guys. I have had a bit of a lazy week although I rode 6 out of 7 days. I did my nice hill climb route yesterday which was great fun indeed! 1300 feet of fun climbing in about 14 miles. Not that far but a nice somewhat beyond hourly ride for fun and activity.

Rode to WW meeting this a.m. I will be in Minnesota later on and don't plan on riding in the temps and possible snow.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Hah! I got out and did 10 miles! I picked my layers well and was comfortable. I love my new lobster claw gloves, too. Really nice to be outside on a sunny day in the woods.

Afterwards I did 2.5 hours of trail cleanup. Apparently you need lots of beer and hard liquor to camp. The trail we are responsible for is by a campground. 70% of the trash I cleaned out of the bushes was alcohol related. Felt good to give back a little to the community.
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Got my new wheel and put the old cassette on rather than the new one. With the weather finally turning winterish I see no reason to add to the wear on a new chain/cassette with the rainy/snowy weather coming. After comparing the new wheel to the old I know why it failed. All those commuting miles wore through the metal. Take a good look at your rims if you have over 10,000 miles. Mine was concave rather than straight.

It was 19F on the ride to work this morning. First morning I broke out the handwarmers, wool socks and wind stopper tights.
  • CyclinLady
    CyclinLady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's Sarah. I decided to check in and say hi because I missed you all.

Went biking on my mountain bike on Friday night after work, which was the last time I got out to ride. It was really dark out in the woods where we regularly ride our mountain bikes, and episodes of American Horror Story probably don't help promote comfort out there... ;) The weather was gorgeous, though, with temps in the upper 60s. The following day we got snow! I still have some in my front yard. Good thing I got the leaves raked (finished about an hour before the snow started to fall).

Next up is the Turkey trot on Thanksgiving. I actually started training for it about a month out, so I'm not just doing 2-3 practice runs before it this year. A minor miracle.

The weather should warm up some by the weekend, so planning to get back out on my bike as soon as Thanksgiving company leaves.

Good to see everyone here! Missed you all!

Sarah
  • Swtdwy
    Options
    Nice to see you Sarah!