Need help with my macros...

Options
BooBoo5
BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
Can someone tell me what my macros should be at 300 lbs and breastfeeding? I've currently got it at 1887 calories, 25 g carbs, 120 G protein, and 145 g fat. Does this sound right? And also, can you guys give me some good tips on how to get more fat without carbs and protein?

* I'm new to LCHF and trying the Ketogenic WOE. I'm very motivated and wanting to stick with it.*

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Mascarpone cheese and cream cheese have a great hit of fat/low carb/low protein. Sour cream isn't too bad either. Of course butter and olive or avocado oil.
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    if I'm low of fat for the day I make a cup of chai or salted caramel tea and add a tbsp of butter or ghee to it and a couple drops of sucradrops and blend it in my nutribullet. it sounds gross but it's very tasty.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Are you exclusively breastfeeding? 1887 may be low for that though I wasn't Keto while BFing and it may work well. Your carb and protein grams sound right and it's fat for satiety. Best of luck and congrats on your little one!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It's often advised for the first few weeks to not limit calories at all. Certainly for breastfeeding you shouldn't be limiting calories.
    You run the risk of reducing your milk supply if you're new to keto because you aren't fat adapted. If you want to continue, you will need to be diligent about staying hydrated and that includes not just drinking plenty of fluids but getting at least 3000mg of sodium a day. Probably safe to make 4000mg the minimum.
    Because lauric acid is so beneficial to a baby's developing brain, and it's only found in breast milk and coconut oil, you can actually boost your breast milks lauric acid content while at the same time increasing your calorie intake and your energy levels and mental clarity by incorporating a couple tablespoons, at least, of coconut oil into every day.
    Try it by making some fat bombs. I normally recommend people skip these because they are unnecessary for anyone trying to lose weight but you shouldn't be losing weight right now, at least not very quickly. Toxins are stored in bodyfat, and are released into your body upon burning it off. Meaning also released into breast milk... most women lose some weight while breastfeeding, but I wouldn't try to accelerate that even more.
    Another good way to get the coconut oil in is blending it into coffee or tea and cooking with it. It's also good if you just mix some with peanut butter and eat off the spoon.
    I would calculate calories for maintaining weight without factoring in the extra calories from breastfeeding. Let that be your calorie deficit. Don't go too aggressive right now.
  • BooBoo5
    BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options