I'm new to weight training

Options
Manda5352
Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
Hi I'm new to weight training I started on May 6th I wanna know what or how should i start ? Any advice will help

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I'd recommend starting with a program for beginner weightlifters, such as Stronglifts 5x5, New Rules of Lifting, Strong Curves, Starting Strength, etc. These are programs that are designed around big, compound lifts and will help you maximize "newbie gains" - people tend to have a window when they first start lifting where they can gain strength/muscle more quickly than someone who has been lifting for a while, but if you don't really know what you're doing you won't necessarily be able to take full advantage of that.

I started with SL, then went to a 4x/week upper/lower split, but recently started Ice Cream Fitness, because I wanted a change.

I would check out this thread, which is excellent: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • slair45
    slair45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get a personal trainer that is a WBFF pro.
  • Baydogger
    Baydogger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just picked up Strong Curves after seeing recommendations here for it - it's excellent, and I'm going to start following a program from it.