Holiday strategies and tips

Options
So, Thanksgiving this week. I'd love to hear how everyone plans to enjoy the time but not overdo it.

Replies

• calliebaker395
    calliebaker395 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One tall double chocolaty chip frapp (I actually don't like Thanksgiving food!) is how I will treat myself this holiday. Each month I have a cheat "weekend" where I stay within my BMR calories but go crazy on carbs... It just so happens that this month's weekend is next weekend! ;)
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We are going over to my significant other's family for thanksgiving. They are gluten free, lactose free, and no GMOs and MSGs. So safe to say it is Paleo friendly. I just need to watch my potion control.
  • OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We are going over to my significant other's family for thanksgiving. They are gluten free, lactose free, and no GMOs and MSGs. So safe to say it is Paleo friendly. I just need to watch my potion control.

Wow! I guess that should help! Happy holidays. :smile:
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Moderation!!! But having a little of everything I enjoy.
  • Only_Today
    Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat the veggies with no dip when others are partaking in tons of cheeses during appetizers, then at dinner watch portions of the turkey. I will taste a side or two - and I am bringing a big salad with my favorite dressing as well. Portion is the key. Also I do not drink alcohol which will save on calories.
  • wow_suzibear1
    wow_suzibear1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    im only positive of the turkey..my daughter is cooking the sides and shes all about the flavor which means butter, sugars n oils will be added.. I know portion control is the key to surviving this, but im better if i just completely avoid the evil things lol. Good luck everyone
  • moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SMALL PLATES....lol
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    One of the ladies I go to school with used the child size plates to help her with portion control. I know it is not fine china, but it helps with portions when it comes to the holidays.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian - so our Thanksgiving was last month. Good tips here as I steel myself for Christmas!! Have a wonderful holiday to my American MFPers!!!
  • OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I ended up having a little bit of everything and working out more. I actually lost this week so I'm happy to have done this in a way that I can maintain as a lifestyle! Thanks all for lots of good tips!