failing

beth72804
beth72804 Posts: 2 Member
I have zero will power. I have been able to eat and drink whatever I wanted from about a month out. Not to say that I should have been but I am the type to push the line on everything. I maintained no alcohol for 8 mo and no soda for a year. So now I am a year and one month out and regaining. I know it is 100% my fault. I joined a gym and have full support from my husband and he is my workout partner. Now I have to get my diet on track again. I think that protein shakes are going to be the answer to keeping me full. However, the cost is outrageous for the ones that taste decent. Any one have input, suggestion? Diet and exercise tips welcome. I am still a big girl so the work out thing is daunting to me. I don't do pain well and I know it is going to hurt so I think I am taking it way too easy on myself.

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    I agree with Nicole on all points and I always make sure I portion control everything. Sunday is my day to cook breakfast and lunch and portion it out into containers so I can grab them and go on my way to work. We have a white board where we write down our dinners for the week and we do as much prep ahead of time.

As for the gym, most have a free first training session and there are also trainers on YouTube where you can find workouts you can do. Maybe even get an exercise tape for home but at the very least you can walk - start slow if you need and build up. I go to sleep in my gym clothes so that when my alarm wakes me up, I have no excuse and my gym bag with my work clothes are packed the night before. I have a long commute home from work and need to get home to my family so after work doesn't work for me. You need to figure out what works for you too.

Definitely look at your macros. My nutritionist said 50% fat and 25% each for protein and carbs. Some weeks are slower than others but the weeks I do better are when I get more protein in. In fact, I may re-visit my macros soon. Nicole referred me once to a site where they evaluate your eating and its $50 for a one time review. I can't recall the name of the site (my memory isn't what it once was).

Also look at various sites for healthy tips and recipes. Bariatric Eating has a section on regain but agree with Nicole you may want to seek a counselor to address some other issues that affect your eating. The Workd According to Eggface and Bariatric Foodie are also good sites. Non Bariatric sites I love are Skinnytatste and Emily Bites.

Good luck and also feel free to add me as a friend!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    ^^^^ Tosha Knopp at Barifit.com
  • karmasgotcha
    karmasgotcha Posts: 5 Member
    @NicoleL874 how do you add or request friends. I need your kind of help. I know my food diary exposed would be not good (Starbucks). But you are dead on. Bad habits- people around me with bad habits and I need people like you if any of you are willing. Being a nurse (practitioner) can mean nothing when it comes to our own lives except further shame in that we (i) should know better. This makes it worse.
    Encouragement helps but straight talk is real for me.
    Thank you. I appreciate all support and return it

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    @karmasgotcha You figured it out, friend request accepted. Let me know how I can help!
  • HealthyMe2016
    HealthyMe2016 Posts: 9 Member
    @Beth72804 you are welcome to add me as a friend. i'm terrible about tracking my food, but i'm always up for a little pen pal action and I don't typically sugar coat anything... i'm honest but nice :)