What stalls you?

Options
What kind of foods do you find that stall you? It stops your progress stop body fat from lowering tops weight loss just stopped the whole progress in general .. Whether it be adding milk cheese or dairy. Maybe the occasional treat that has sugar alcohol including sugar free candies or carb smart ice cream? Or adding nuts? Sugar free syrups etc? Veggies? I was curious what others have experienced here.

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I find that aspartame messes with my BG as much as straight sugar - at least in the form of diet Dr Pepper. Not sure what is used in Coke Zero, but same thing there. With that, I just gave up all sweeteners and am glad I did because I taste everything better now.

Nuts are a trigger food for me, I have to be careful to not overdo them. I know it isn't all about CICO, but I can quickly eat 1000+ calories of nuts without thinking about if I'm not careful.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Nuts are a trigger food for me, I have to be careful to not overdo them. I know it isn't all about CICO, but I can quickly eat 1000+ calories of nuts without thinking about if I'm not careful.

Yep that. I only log my foods when I am trying to analyze and reset. If I get too comfortable in what I am doing, it can be easy to overdo the foods that are so good for me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Too many calories, not enough protein are the big two that screw with my composition goals. Any time I fall below 1.5g/lbm for an extended period, my calipers and measurements start doing wonky things.

As for carbs: no specific foods, only sugar types. Fructose and sucrose tend to *kitten* up my refeeds and have me feeling like a water retaining post menopausal woman, unless I keep them below 50g of the 400+g for my refeeds. So long as I stick to dextrose (glucose), lactose, and starches, I have minimal problems.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have *no* idea. Part of the entertainment of going into my 2nd month of keto is watching the scale do all kinds of things. For where *I* am in the process, it seems the best thing for me to do right now is notice how I'm feeling (including the impatience & mental negotiating I put myself through when the scale backtracks). I've allowed myself to consume more calories this weekend (my moderate-loss calorie goal is 1800; I went up to ~2000 or so) and firmly instructed myself to stay the course. No special tricks, egg fasts, etc. This is just a moment. But were I to stall for 2-3 weeks, I'd have to revisit things again.

Sharing this in case anyone else is fairly new in the process like myself and also witnessing their minds telling all kinds of impatient stories while their bodies are diligently going about the business of fat adaptation and recomposition.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    For me, it is always a delicate balance between calories and carbs. (Yes, I can gain keeping carbs under 20!) I don't log anymore, but I think before each meal and mentally calculate carbs and approximate calories.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any specific patterns with regard to what kind of food stalls me, if any. I don't allow myself to overeat or binge (I track and weigh everything like a maniac) and the only times I really allow myself to go slightly (and I do mean *slightly*) off plan is around big holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, etc. I transitioned from weight-loss into weight-maintenance around the end of July 2016 and I am maintaining just fine; however, I need to point out that I also started a weight-training routine at the same time (prior to this I just did cardio in the form of walking every day while in the weight-loss phase) so I am actually eating a little more now too (no complaints there - lol) than I was during the weight-loss phase since I am focusing on building and maintaining muscle.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think sweatner stall me. I can't be 100 percent sure yet but everytime those little no sugar added jello cups go on sale I buy lots and I seem to stall out. I love them but not worth it. I'm very sensitive to sweatner. diet coke makes me crave chocolate and sweet stuff. I haven't drank diet coke in months.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, dairy, sweeteners and nuts. And I find now that I'm down 80 pounds and the weight loss has slowed to stop/crawl/stop/crawl that it can take weeks to recover from a night of over-indulgence...even if its all low-carb. I'm not really focussed on weight loss anymore, but I prefer not to bounce too far away from the most recent low because it can take so long to get back to it!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Eating too many calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    With menopause: wine. boo. :smiley:
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    I find that aspartame messes with my BG as much as straight sugar - at least in the form of diet Dr Pepper. Not sure what is used in Coke Zero, but same thing there. With that, I just gave up all sweeteners and am glad I did because I taste everything better now.

OMG ...NUTS! Being vegan and LCHF keto is challenging...trying to find a balance between hitting my macros and being satisfied is tough. The crunch gets me all the time! I do try and stick with macadamia nuts as they are the lowest in carbs.