No-Nonsense November: Week 3 Check-In (11/15-11/21)

Options
13»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Total failure, but I have drunk my water, logged my food and nearly met my step goal each day, but the gym has not worked out so well. I have however tried out some new classes.
    Virtual spinning was fun
    Yoga nearly killed me off
    Tabatha, well I need more coordination
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    415 minutes remaining to reach goal of 1200 minutes for November.
    120 minutes, 26 miles on the stationary recumbent. Slow but done!

Still need to walk 30 more miles and bike 42 more miles for a separate November challenge.

295 minutes remaining to meet goal of 1200 minutes for November.
  • josgall
    josgall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm out for the weekend guys. I will start again on Monday , I guess it's time to admit that I have im actually sick and it's not just keto flu :( I'll be back on board for next weeks challenge!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    On track again today!
    Calories were good, 32gm net carbs, hit step goal. Definitely experiencing DOMS after yesterday's YAYOG!
    I did get over 8 hrs of sleep last night, too.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    josgall wrote: »
    I'm out for the weekend guys. I will start again on Monday , I guess it's time to admit that I have im actually sick and it's not just keto flu :( I'll be back on board for next weeks challenge!

Bummer. Get better soon.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Loveable, repeated challenge blurb :wink:
    There's a statistic that goes around: something like 25% of people will gain weight between Halloween and New Year's. It's Holiday season. We're busy with work, school, get-togethers, and shopping. It's easy to just say to heck with it and cave. And wake up on New Year's Day and looking in the mirror, unhappy with what extra weight we've gained. It happens to the best of us.

During my first LCHF holiday, I checked the weight chart, and I had lost 13lb (almost 6kg) between Oct 31st and my birthday (New Year's Day.) It's possible to not only NOT gain but to LOSE weight during the holiday season.

Planning ahead and keeping an eye on the basics are two of the most important focal points if we want to keep on the up and up in the face of all the junk, goodies, and other nonsense rampant this type of year.

Some people choose to handle this time of year completely on-plan, supplementing low-carb recipes for all our bad-ol' favorites.

What I've done in the past is to pick 1 or 2 events that were most important. For me it was Christmas Eve and New Year's Day (my birthday). I enjoyed those celebrations. Once the day was over, the indulgence was OVER. I brought home no leftovers to continue the nonsense. I picked specific things I was going to have, not ALL THE FOODS. I told myself that at bedtime, the day was over and when I woke in the morning, it was back to the routine. The rest of the days during that period, I planned ahead to stay on-plan. For those other events I didn't select, I either ate before-hand, or brought on-plan dishes to them. The 1st year, I lost 13lb between Halloween and New Year's. The 2nd year, I was very close to goal and lost the 2lb needed to reach my goal weight. This year, my goal is to maintain.

You can pick either strategy, but this challenge is about monitoring our plan Basics. Focusing on nailing the Basics is what makes the difference.

Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Any low-carb plan is welcome. Just post your monthly goals and beginning weight (if you are just planning to maintain through the month, like me, that's cool, too) and check-in daily or weekly with how well you did. Alternately, if you are focusing on keeping to fitness goals instead, that's certainly welcome. After all, this is YOUR challenge.

The Basics:
    Staying under carbs
    Staying under calories
    Logging and measuring
    Getting in exercise/movement if that's one of your goals
    Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels
    Getting enough water
    Planning ahead

This thread will be stickied to the top of the Group, with links inside to the weekly threads. So if the weekly thread gets buried in our busy little group, you'll be able to easily find in in the sticky.

To give you and idea of possible check-in entries here's mine from last year:
    Monthly Goals:
    To lose those rotten, stinkin, stubborn, no-good, malicious last 2lb to goal weight.
    By hitting the basics daily. I have one calorie UP-day, Saturday, where I'd like to log but I don't care how many calories I eat, as long as I keep my carbs under 50g. I only have adult beverages that day. Sometimes my carbs sneak over. I make sure I'm pristine all other days of the week, however. This arrangement works fine for me, for now. But if I don't continue to lose at least a fraction of a lb a week, then obviously I'll have to tighten the reigns on that.

Start weight: 153.4 (weight is up due to salty nuts, bacon, and sausage balls)
    Goal weight: 150 and to stay there.

Sunday, 11/1:

Water: 80/80oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: Cleaned house like a fiend for 3 hours check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 13/30g net check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg

Share recipes, problems, thoughts.
    Fight back against all the NONSENSE life throws at us this time of year.
    Make it a No-Gain November. :wink:

Let's do this.

First year I was losing weight, I went from 282.8 on Oct 30 to 259.6 on Dec 30,the two closest logged dates I could find. That is 23.2 lbs and was accomplished despite going out of town to my inlaws/grandparents in law for Thanksgiving with so many foods, and my folks coming into town for Christmas.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Another good back on the wagon day!
    Logged, cals were under, 25gm net carbs, exceeded step goal, and got over 8 hrs of sleep last night.
    Scale has also dropped back down a bit so far since I got back on the wagon. Now only 1.4 lbs above maintenance goal range.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Current wek start weight 141lbs
    Goals this week lose 3lbs Break that 140lb (10 stone barrier)

No alcoholic drinks 4/7..must try harder this week!
    yoga sessions 0/7..boo but did clean the house like a fiend!
    water 65oz a day 6/7
    carbs under 45...done

weight loss over 3lb this week 3.5 I think yay.
    Have a good week all..hope to loose 3lb again.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    November goals:

Under 50 net carbs a day :)
    Workouts minimum 3x a week :)
    Continue fall clean-up of the house :)
    Get outside more :/

A better week than last week. I did one strength training workout and the other 2 I'm giving myself credit for because I was doing some "serious" cleaning Saturday and Sunday. Like when you are moving heavy stuff around and not everyday task cleaning. In fact I think I pulled a muscle in my back so yeah...serious cleaning. haha. I failed on getting outside. It was cold and snowy and the just going to and from the car this weekend was enough of the great outdoors for me. That first really, really cold weekend just sucks.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Back in ketosis! Feeling a bit more motivated though wish things were happening faster and that I didn't take time off etc.

My goal over the next 10 days, till the end of November, is to stay under 40g of net carbs and 1500 kcal per day. I hope to drop to at least 198.3 pounds by then. That's under 90kgs, 89.9:). Before I was off last week I was 200.8 and today I'm 202.2. I haven't been a that weight for over 7 years.
    -- To sleep at least 7-8 hours per night, go to bed before midnight.
    -- To walk at least half an hour a day
    -- Fitdesk at least 45 minutes a day
    -- Dumbbells for arms 5x3 times a day
    -- Take my meds and supplements
    -- Journal
    -- Intermittent fast till at least 4pm and stop eating before 10pm. Or 6 hour eating window depending on when I stop eating the day before.
    -- Meditate at least 10 minutes a day
    -- Start putting on moisturizer:)
    -- Say no to eating things I will regret later, this includes thanksgiving and other out of town travel. So I need to be prepared, determined, and full to decline the pies, bread, and so on...
    -- Focus on work.
    -- Attend to my injuries
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Carbs were a bit high yesterday (still LCHF but a bit above keto levels).
    Today was very much on track though!
    Exercised (2.75 miles intervals), logged, under for cals and carbs, and got a decent amount of sleep.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My only post for this week as I had fallen 'off the wagon' lol. Ankle surgery last Monday coupled with a horrible cold has screwed with my meal plan. I was just grateful that hubby made soup for me on several days (Split Pea - his favorite) and I ate dry crunchy stuff from bags (NOT pork rinds either) that I pulled out from his treat cupboard.
    Crawled back on the wagon and so today....
    Goals for me:
    Drink my 8 glasses of water :) including honey lemon ginseng green tea
    IF for at least 14 hours and preferably 18 daily :) 20.5 hrs today!
    Stay at or below my 25g net carb goal :) 22g net
    Make sure my protein hits approx 70g BUT not much more :) 67 good enough
    Get at least one day a week of non-work related exercise :p I think healing counts as exercise, it certainly exhausts me.
    photo update: 1 week post surg.
    vcs4qmwr636j.jpg
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I was a total slacker the last 3 days.
    Not enough water
    Did not log food
    Guessing I was still under carbs and cals goal since I actually did not eat much at all.
    There was no planning to be had but my husband finished our new kitchen floor and I went through all my piles of papers all over the house. Purging of a good kind!
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well feel like I am starting this a little late but better late then never!

Goal to lose 10 lbs in November! Well on my way already losing 5.4lbs!
    Enjoy food and family on Thanksgiving, but jump back on the MFP wagon on Friday!
    Drink lot o' water
    And to not be to hard on myself! :)
  • changingleemfp
    changingleemfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did not get to weigh today. I have a cold, and have not been able to eat much these past few days.

The last time I weighed, I was 13 pounds down for the month and had lost 4% body fat.

Even with this cold, I have not craved junk food... which is amazing! I have always been a comfort eater, so the keto WOE has truly changed my life!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Good day!
    Didn't have time to work out, but on track with cals, carbs, logging, sleep.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Oh, and I was back to 0.8 lbs above maintenance weight. Yay.