Hungry day

Options
MKknits
MKknits Posts: 184 Member
Usually I pack two snacks, sometimes I eat one sometimes I eat none - rarely do I eat 2.

Sadly today is a hungry day and I ate both snacks with my lunch and I'm still hungry. As soon as school is done I'm heading to the grocery store to get some cheese and salami to kick this hunger in the bum. I am working hard to resist the chocolate that I know is in my room.

Replies

• jenngerpeacox
    jenngerpeacox Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I too am having a hungry day. Usually go from 7a-at least 3p and today I went from 9:30a-11:30a! Then I ate lunch an hour later! Really going to try and hold out til dinner, couldn't be because I'm trapped in my house today and smell the deliciousness in the crock pot could it?
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hungry day today, too. Already eaten most of my days allotment of calories. I have stuck to low carb though. Being short I still have to watch the calories.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Those are hard. I have them too and I've learned to go with them but keep my carbs under control even if I can't keep my cals under control. Other days I may go all day with barely any food.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have hungry days. Yesterday I had my lunch at 12 like usual (I don't breakfast) and then I had to run a workshop after work not getting home til 7:30 (I normally have dinner at about 5:30). I was so hungry I thought I was going to pass out and ended up eating 1000 calories in about half an hour. Still under for the day but I'm normally not that starving.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    OMG...today is a hungry day for me too! Not hungry enough to tempt me to overeat...just not feeling satisfied with what I have eaten even tho I know I met my macros. For me, now that I think about it, it just may be additional activity that is triggering this. Starting work at the local food pantry on Mon and worked again today...4 hours each day of constant walking, lifting, pushing & pulling. I wish I had realized this sooner...I would have snarfed another snack before it would interfere with my fast period. :(
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I wasn't that much more active then normal and showed a 1 lb gain this morning, I suspect that this is all tied to TOM setting up to arrive in a week. When I've tracked almost daily before I've oticed this same trend. That I lose really well the first 2 weeks after TOM, show a 1-2lb gain the days around o ovulation, then play around gaining and losing those 1-2lbs for a week, then gain 1-2 lbs just before TOM arrives. So I know this is just water weight and it doesn't bother me, I like to weigh almost daily mostly because it motivates me AND I'm a science nerd and like collecting and analyzing that data about myself to see patterns.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I have them too and eat more on those days. I figure it balances out my non-hungry days. :)
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I wasn't doing that at first...allowing it to balance out but I am now and seem to be fine. Before - I would starve on those days and grumble at my new WOE. Now, it all works out in the wash :smile:
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I eat on my hungry days and don't eat much on the days when I am not hungry. It works out over the week, so in my eyes it is OK. When I do have a hungry day I try and eat a lot of protein and fats to keep myself in check.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I get hungrier days on my rest days...I am under the impression it's because my body is recovering from my workouts and is saying GIMME ALL THE FOOD.

But as the others have stated, it waxes and wanes. I do recall you saying that you just weren't hungry and you thought you needed to hit your macros, so this is the opposite of that. This is evidence that it really does balance out.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I eat on my hungry days and don't eat much on the days when I am not hungry. It works out over the week, so in my eyes it is OK. When I do have a hungry day I try and eat a lot of protein and fats to keep myself in check.

Same here.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    So, speaking of hungry days...it seems any day I wake up really early, like today (0400) I STARVE all day long no matter what I do for breakfast including my BPC. I think I'm headed off to make another.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    today is a hungry day for me...pretty sure it's because I had so many carbs yesterday...hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal...
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    My hungry days tend to fall about 10 days before my cycle starts. Without fail. I have been making an effort each month to try and find ways to at least curb the hunger. If I give in to it, it seems to grow. Kind of like feeding Gremlins after midnight. I always manage to hold out for the most part but there always comes at least a couple of those days where I absolutely can't stop myself.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    So, speaking of hungry days...it seems any day I wake up really early, like today (0400) I STARVE all day long no matter what I do for breakfast including my BPC. I think I'm headed off to make another.

I've found that to be the case with me as well. Unfortunately, as of late, 2:30 am is about thr latest I can sleep. What I started doing (since fat is out on my current cut) is making a blender bottle load (30g+8 oz. water) of vanilla MPI to use as coffee creamer for my first pot. It doesn't keep the gut quiet for hours, but at 105 kcal, if it did, I'd probably end up deeper into VLCD land than I already am. xD