I Love Ribeye!!!

Options
Great deal at our local grocery store. Bone in ribeye for $5.69 a pound. Got all this for less than 40 bucks. And the bones can be used too.8ds6cm3dzbwa.jpg

Replies

• fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, the bones can be used, as handles when eating them with hands. Unfortunately, I can never find bone-in ribeye around here, so I end up with t-bone or porterhouse to get the same feels.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awe man. Today is Wednesday so ad change day @ the stores. I probably missed it. I like Piggly Wiggly's meat. The ribeyes look nice!
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hey @kpk54 .. I have had a Piggly Wiggly around my hometown forever. I always had the perception they were expensive. The other regular items looked high cost to me. Is there anything else you buy there? Other keto stuff?
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    They told me the sale was good until Saturday night.. double check @kpk54
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @collegefbfan, I'm not a regular shopper @ "The Pig". The closest one is 17 miles from me in Pittsboro and I have reason to head in that direction semi-regularly so always stop there when in town. I like them mostly because they remind me of small town NC and I love small towns. In a previous life (job), I traveled Eastern, NC and Piggly Wiggly was everywhere. There is one on my walking route during an annual beach trip. I looked at their website and it is nice to see they are still expanding. That big corporation that begins with a "W" has put so many Mom and Pop type stores out of business. PW isn't "Mom and Pop" but many of them are individually owned. I like to support small businesses.

$5.69 a pound is AWESOME for ribeyes and those are pretty ones. Enjoy!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I love it when there are good sales like this. There was a similar sale here recently on T bones, which happen to be my favorite. I have a couple left in the freezer. I agree with @Gallowmere1984 about using the bone as a handle. My wife gets embarrassed when I pick one up in a restaurant to make sure I have gnawed off every last morsel. She doesn't care about me doing it at home, though.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Great deal at our local grocery store. Bone in ribeye for $5.69 a pound. Got all this for less than 40 bucks. And the bones can be used too.8ds6cm3dzbwa.jpg

I am drooling right now, can I come over for dinner?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Jealous! I love ribeye! I wish people would serve that for Thanksgiving instead of turkey! lol
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Jealous! I love ribeye! I wish people would serve that for Thanksgiving instead of turkey! lol

ME TOO!!!!! I don't even like turkey. We are doing a rotisserie chicken at our house. I would prefer steak, however, we are having the in-laws over, so I have to acquiesce. At least I was able to get agreement to switch to chicken instead of turkey.