Vancouver BC Restaurant Recs?

Options
My roommate and I are headed to Vancouver BC Canada this weekend. I want to stay as low carb as possible and we will be eating out. I'd love to hear your recommendations on places that are low carb friendly. I know there are some places that we have here (burger places etc) but I want to go to places we don't have in the US.
Thanks.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Calling @samanthaluangphixay! She's da Boss when it comes to Vanc. area stuff.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Ah man, I was so busy with work that I didn't see this!

*rolls up sleeves*

Sushi:
    Commercial Sushi - on Commercial Drive by the skytrain, great sushi for low prices - casual atmosphere

Burgers:
    Five Guys on Robson Street - They are very low carb accommodating and the burgers are super tasty
    Romer's Burger Bar in Yaletown or Kitsilano - Lots of options, create-your-own options, and different types of meat available (lamb, beef, turkey, etc) and definitely LC friendly.

Mexican:
    Las Margaritas in Kitsilano - Fajitas without the tortillas, taco salad (skip the shell), and just a fun atmosphere

Western/Mixed Cuisines:
    Cactus Club - yes a chain, but they provide LC offerings such as their blackened chicken ceasar salad or steak.
    Earls - dry ribs or wings - their cedar plank salmon is good as well.

Pubs:
    Storm Crow Ale House - very cool, nerd-esque bar http://www.stormcrowalehouse.com/ that lets you create your own burgers and they also have wings...and just a cool vibe with games, if you're interested
    Butcher & Bullock - standard pub fare but good vibe and good drinks!

There are plenty of Vietnamese restaurants in the area that serve pho, which you can get without noodles.

I don't know how long you will be here or what areas you will be in, so I tried to give a wide variety of choices in different neighbourhoods.

I apologize for the rain. It's just our thing.

If you're looking for things to do that aren't food related:

https://www.flyovercanada.com/
    http://vancouverchinesegarden.com/
    The Olympic Cauldron from 2010 Winter Olympics
    Steveston Village - if you're a fan of the show Once Upon A Time, they film there

Source: Vancouverite.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I'll definitely check these out. Especially that pub! I'm not too concerned about the rain as I am from Portland!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I second Five Guys and Las Margaritas. From semi annual trips back to the coast, where I grew up, lol.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Five guys is sooooo goooooood. I want to go now...unfortunately the closest one to me is a 3.5 hour drive away :(

@GlitterRayne Portland! I'm going there in January to watch a trailblazers game! Any recommendations for things I should do/places I should eat? I'll be there for two nights! (Sorry to hijack the thread)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @GlitterRayne How was your trip?
  • michaelar_ae
    michaelar_ae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Storm crow is awesome!