Shampoo?

Options
gunnerslove77
gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
edited November 2016 in Social Groups
I've recently gone back to basics to lose my last remaining lbs!!. So with my day full of eating eggs, cheese and meats, all cooked in coconut oil or olive oil, with mayonnaise on the side.. I'll only eat when hungry. My problem is I'm now finding my hair is now needing to be washed constantly!! Help

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I switched to co-washing - washing your hair with conditioner only. Once I did that, I have no oil problems unless I skip 2-3 days of washing it. You just need to find a good shampoo and conditioner that don't strip too much natural oils (causing the scalp to overproduce to compensate) or leave a residue (make it easier for oils to sit on the scalp rather than disburse through hair).
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Look up No-poo method.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I also don't use shampoo - it's been over 15 years. I use ACV to rinse after co-washing.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I get a really itchy scalp every 2 days or so and have been using anti dandruff shampoo. Just recently switched to normal shampoo and rinsing with 1/2 water 1/2 ACV. MAGIC!! I don't use conditioner and it settles down my itchy scalp. I am going to try the No-Poo method with the ACV rinse and see how that goes. Also rinsing with ACV makes my hair curly :)