Cellulite

Options
Olive_47
Olive_47 Posts: 5 Member
Hi ladies, I'm currently dealing with cellulite. I'm thin-ish but not fit, so most of me is fat. I've heard lots of contradicting information- will working out get rid of my cellulite, or dieting, or is it just something I need to learn to love? Have any of you had luck reducing/getting rid of cellulite?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was 'skinny fat' and had cellulite. After losing about 10lbs, reducing my BF and consistently lifting I do not have cellulite anymore. Oh, and drinking a ton of water.
  • misskjs
    misskjs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    heavy deadlifts and squats help immensely. Other than that, all you can do is use tretinoin cream to thicken the skin a bit, take hot baths, etc. but those are all of course, just appearance-based solutions.. but IMO, that's really all that matters, since cellulite seems to be a necessary evil.
  • candicew70
    candicew70 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights is the only thing that's helped me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lifting and lowering my bf % has helped mine... but I still have it no matter what. Urg.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    For me, 95% of it has been exercise and diet. (Basically however you optimize CICO should help. I happen to do a lot of cardio.)

You can try things like a cellulite massager and coffee scrubs and retinol cream (doesn't have to be prescription strength, there are some from brands like Paula's Choice). I think I saw maybe a little effect there, but only after losing a bunch of weight.

My BMI is hovering around 21 now and the cellulite is still not gone, though...
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have it, a lot, on my thighs. I've read that collagen helps, so I add that to my oatmeal every day. I think it's working!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have it, a lot, on my thighs. I've read that collagen helps, so I add that to my oatmeal every day. I think it's working!

what form of collagen can you add to food? can you put it on your skin? any benefits yo face, ie. wrinkles?
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I buy it from Amazon, the Bulletproof collagelatin powder. It dissolves in hot liquid - I add a scoop to my oatmeal. Yes, it's supposed to help with skin as well, I can't say for sure whether it has, I'm pretty wrinkle free for my age. I'm actually using it for extra protein, and joint health. But I swear my cellulite is reducing too.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I buy it from Amazon, the Bulletproof collagelatin powder. It dissolves in hot liquid - I add a scoop to my oatmeal. Yes, it's supposed to help with skin as well, I can't say for sure whether it has, I'm pretty wrinkle free for my age. I'm actually using it for extra protein, and joint health. But I swear my cellulite is reducing too.

Interesting I'm going to have to try that. I have cellulite on my butt. I've been squatting and running a lot of the past 3 months but it's not going away fast enough for me..... My boyfriend and I are going to Hawaii in November and he wants me to wear one of those skimpy bikinis that doesn't cover your butt. No way!
  • kat82352
    kat82352 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to try anything to get rid of this cellulite--or at least reduce it! Thank you for the tips ladies!
  • Menolikepolos
    Menolikepolos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think cellulite is a tissue problem. Yes, losing weight and especially water weight can help. But it has to do with the way your skin lays on the fascia. If your fascia is all tense and tight in odd places, your skin puckers = cellulite. I've been using the Fascia Blaster by Ashley Black and it's helped alot!
  • DaigaDaiga
    DaigaDaiga Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had cellulite since I can remember. Never had any success fighting with it. Sad.
  • chemistrymakeupsam
    Options
    How long and how often in a week do you need to do glute exercises before you actually start seeing results of your cellulite going away or at least reducing!?