What program or routine is everyone doing?

Options
lovtolaff
lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
Hi all. Are you following a certain program? Are you doing your own routine? I'd love to know. I've done some of the NROLFW, Stronglifts and my own routine. I'm in a rut - would love to see what others are following.

P.S. If you are doing your own routine, can you list your workout and which lifts you are doing? If you've done several lifting programs, can you say which one you prefer?
Thanks so much!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am currently following a sort of a spin-off program to Strong Curves (which I loved) called Get Glutes. It is a monthly subscription glute focused full body program.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to nail down a new program, I've done several PHUL rounds but started to spin my wheels.

I'm leaning towards Wendler 5/3/1.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my second round of Strong Curves currently.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do 2 days of something similar to 5x5: bench and squat, OHP and deadlift, Row and glute bridge. I might change up the reps depending on weight. So, if I can rep out 5x5 of my bench at 90lbs, but not ready to add 5lb, I might do 6 sets or 6 reps next week. I also only do 5 sets of 3 deadlifts and I do more reps of glutes. I don't mind growing the glutes!
  • gdiocee
    gdiocee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing MaxT3. It's a set of 2 dvds. It's between 6 and 12 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm getting crazy results. It's been a little over 60 days for me and my arms are looking buff and I finally have calf muscles. The dvds are available online for under thirty dollars. It's a short duration high intensity program. The biggest motivator for me doing a workout every day is the time commitment is so small and it's doable. Good luck! I think you can see some of the exercises on YouTube.
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am doing CrossFit.
    I have found that it is the only program that keeps me motivated. I had never done any "Olympic lifts" before I first tried it 5 years ago. (I had to quit bc I lost my job and couldn't afford it and didn't go back until now) Just learning the complex lifts was like learning a whole new world to working out and I loved the challenge. Because of that training many years ago, I gained a lot more confidence to go into a weight room on my own.
    It really depends on the location that you go to and the trainers. My first gym was amazing at teaching and correcting form.
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Starting over with Stronglifts 5X5 today.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've started Thinner Leaner Stronger -- though I'm not 100% certain I'm doing it correctly...but I like the change.
  • Korbie82
    Korbie82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm doing Strong Curves right now. So far I'm loving it.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Great job ladies!

I'm starting another round of Body Beast in January. I saw a lot of great changes to my body with this program and I enjoyed it so much I want to do it again!
  • venicebeachbabe
    venicebeachbabe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Bodybuildingdotcoms workouts and I am currently doing Arnold's Blue Print to Mass. It's challenging.. I add in my own cardio, usually 30 minutes of steady state after I lift, occasionally I do fasted cardio to a Jillian Michael's dvd or attend a spin class, as well as a cardio circuit for an hour once a week with a trainer, working on balance, etc.
  • Dharmatron14
    Dharmatron14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thinner, leaner, stronger. I absolutely love it!
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I tend to make my own program depending on what I have available to me. I'm actually working on a new one for the new year, but a lot of my strength training insight comes from Jim Karas and his books. I just got his newest one and started to read it. I'll come back to update this once I have it hashed out. ^_^ Happy New Year everyone!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I started "the muscle building routine" 4wks ago.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Ashley Conrad's 21-Day ClutchCut
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Candito's linear progression - it's suiting me well right now and I love that only one of the days (heavy lower) feels like death. The other 3 are fairly doable
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves!
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've done a number of programs on body building.com and was doing crossfire prior to that. I'm heading into my last week of a 12 week program designed by bombshell fitness but after my last week of the program I'll be taking a week off and then starting "thinner leaner stronger"
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm into my 3rd week of the 12 week transformed program developed by bodybuilding.com. It's my first lifting program and is well suited for a beginner like me. yay!
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What is the strong curves program? I pulled down the PDF of the schedule but I don't quite understand it.