What do I do??

Options
I've been trying to lose weight because I'm not happy with my body. Now my family/friends and psychiatrist are trying to get me treated for an "eating disorder".
I don't know what to do.

Replies

• starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What is the issue if your family is worried. Most everyone are not happy with their bodies. More information please....
  • BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yeah we need more info. There has to be a reason your family is worried and wants you treated for an eating disorder, no one just pins a serious medical diagnosis on someone without a reason.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    As the others said more detail is needed, they see what we cannot. From your profile pic you appear to be very thin now. You could be easily suffering from body dysmorphia, where what you see is a distorted image. I know I see a fat lady in the mirror but in actuality I am nowhere near what I "see". If you can't see an accurate picture of yourself, you may be trying to lose weight that you don't actually have because you see/feel unhappy with your body image. Please don't disregard your family's concern, I am sure it is because they care deeply and are worried about your health. Take care of yourself sweetie
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What was written ^^ is so true. whatever weight you have, please dont hate your body because it doesnt look like a certain person's body, we are all built differently some people are skinny naturally some have more fat naturally some have a muscular type naturally, so please dont compare yourself and your body to other people's bodies. Just love your body the way it is and stop hating it, because nobody will love it back, love it because it allows you to do so many things. And one more thing, dont lose weight because you hate your body because there will be a time when you've lost your weight but you'll be still unhappy.