What do you do with Mascarpone?

Options
MyriiStorm
MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
I bought some, now I'm wondering what I should do with it. What are your favorite ways to eat Mascarpone?

Replies

• IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Yum has a marscapone mousse with berries recipe. I haven't tried it because I'm trying to avoid dessert-type things early in this low carb journey.

http://lowcarbyum.com/mascarpone-cheese-mousse-berries/
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I eat it straight off the spoon for the high fat low protein/carb content. It is usually used in tiramisu if that gives you any ideas.
  • ksullivan2050
    ksullivan2050 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Check I breathe I'm hungry web site for egg fast fettuccine alfredo - it's used in the afresh sauce. awesome
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I use it as a fat base for my sludge when I don't want peanut butter. Works especially well with a blend of Tiramisu whey and Vanilla casein.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I bought some, now I'm wondering what I should do with it. What are your favorite ways to eat Mascarpone?

eat it from the tub, with a spoon
  • kpk54
    Options
    lodro wrote: »

My kind o' guy. Taught me everything I need to know about mascarpone.
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yep it is good and super easy to make. it's only heavy cream and lemon juice
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I use the reciped above (minus the berries) and add some low carb flavorings of choice. My tub was (unused portion) in the refrigerator three weeks and then went bad. :s
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can make a lemon minute muffin then spread it on. It is delicious!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Mascarpone = A+ keto food - It's sweeter and softer (and whiter) than butter, it blends very easily, and it melts in a heavenly way. Molto delizioso.

If you want to stretch it further than eating straight from the tub might permit....

You can melt it half-way in the microwave, then:

1. stir some hot espresso into it for a keto-cappuccino
    2. blend it with eggs and HWC for a sweet, creamy omelette base (or add-it after cooking before you fold the omelette);
    3. blend with spices of your choosing and spread as a cream sauce on spinach, fish, meat, etc.

Or you can add it cold to lox if you're out of cream cheese.

Mmmm.....

• RalfLott
    Options
    lodro wrote: »

Anything from chopsticks to a drywall knife will do in a pinch....
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions! I think I'm going to have to get a few more tubs next time I'm at the store, so I can try all of these. :smiley:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions! I think I'm going to have to get a few more tubs next time I'm at the store, so I can try all of these.

Almost forgot - stir with a little soy sauce and sesame oil into sautéed mushrooms.. most yummé!
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even find marscapone at the store before Thanksgiving...I had to alter a few of my recipes.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Mascarpone is usually in the deli section of a grocery store with specialty meats and cheeses versus the dairy case where most of the cheese is. Just an fyi.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I put it on celery. It took the place of cream cheese.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Mascarpone = A+ keto food - It's sweeter and softer (and whiter) than butter, it blends very easily, and it melts in a heavenly way. Molto delizioso.

If you want to stretch it further than eating straight from the tub might permit....

You can melt it half-way in the microwave, then:

1. stir some hot espresso into it for a keto-cappuccino
    2. blend it with eggs and HWC for a sweet, creamy omelette base (or add-it after cooking before you fold the omelette);
    3. blend with spices of your choosing and spread as a cream sauce on spinach, fish, meat, etc.

Or you can add it cold to lox if you're out of cream cheese.

Mmmm.....

The marscapone in coffee/espresso suggestion is genius. That is my lunch today.