Like Minded Lushes November 2016

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oy Robin...I've been there. I never really enjoy food while drinking too much. Maybe you can revisit that steak and lobster soon. ;)
    Hi kitty...welcome back.
    We may need to revoke your lush card Ann
    I hear ya on the late nights Ashley. No bueno
    I moderated over the weekend after a horrible week. I'm now down 2 pounds. Lower than I have been in quite some time. I'm going to try to keep it up.
    Saturday- 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine
    Sunday-1 beer
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-I expect I'll have some wine. We're going out to dinner after meeting with our attorney. I'll probably need it.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Attorney.....hope all is well Syd!!!!

And Ashley, YUP that's me.....Saturday night kicked my butt, I am starting to feel better today!!!

Ann, WTF :laugh: I keed :wink:

Monday-sampled our chocolate, coffee, bourbon stout, but it was only about 4 ounces, so it doesn't count!!
    Tuesday-0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Moderately consuming. Scale is hovering and this has been one really tough week. I am glad it is almost over.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2
    Wednesday-2
    Thursday-0
    I'm down 3 pounds. Not really sure why. I'm stressed and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I'm ready for this week to be over.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3 glasses of wine
    Wed - 2 ciders and 3 wine spritzers, so like 4
    Tonight is happy hour and then who knows. I do have 6am yoga so have to behave somewhat. Not much planned this weekend. Only 1.5 more works days. Woo hoo!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 margs
    Wednesday-2 beers and 2 bourbons
    Thursday-no point in stopping now :wink:

It has been a rough week, work-wise. Super stressful all around.

Looking forward to the short week next week!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone has had a tough week -hang in there lushes, we're just shy of the weekend! :)
    Thursday - 2 glasses of wine
    Have a super packed, busy weekend ahead - I'm sure this weekend won't be dry...super glad my husband is back home, safe & sound from hunting... <3
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 4
    Thurs - 3 big beers at happy hour and 2 glasses of wine at home

I woke up around 4:15 and never got back to sleep so went to yoga at 6. I'm TIRED. I think tonight will be a mellow night and early bedtime. Nothing much planned this weekend except a 3 year old birthday party and friends/kids Thanksgiving party Sunday.

Vacation starts in less than 8 hours!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Stress stress stress. I had been waiting for the annual thanksgiving planning email everyday in November. Not having received one by 11/20/16 I assumed that since my dad was gone I was no longer part of the family. So we went shopping and planned our own Thanksgiving. Yesterday at 2:00 I am forwarded the email that went to everyone else a week ago with the note "Hi Robin, You can join us if you would like to." Nothing about an apology for leaving me off the note, no mention of Doug, and not a "we want you to come" but a "if you want to". I am upset, offended and unable to respond. I am beginning to effing hate the holidays. Half a bottle of port Sunday. 2 glasses of pineapple wine last night. I have been on a sweet kick lately.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Awww Robin, that blows. :/ Family should be a safe spot to land, not people who make you feel like *kitten*. ((hugs))

I've been fighting off a cold and a general crappy mood. My stress level should even out considerably next week. Thanksgiving is easy for me...my SIL does everything...I just bring the wine. :drinker:
    0 yesterday and today.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin - OMG, it's like we're soul sisters in having poopy families...just last night, I was saying to my husband that my family sucks. Last night, Tuesday, 2 days before Thanksgiving - I have YET to hear from my mother, sister or brother...no one asking if I have plans, would I like to stop by...nothing. In my family, if I don't reach out to them - it's like I don't exist and I'm tired of reaching out. Ugh...
    Luckily for me, my husband's family is awesome and goofy and love me so I'm okay there...
    I feel your pain! I'm sorry your family is poopy!!

Mon - 1 glass white
    Tuesday - 2 glasses white wine
    Tonight - probably something, why stop now? :p
  • rjadams
    Options
    Thank you for the support. Last night I finished the pineapple wine and opened a really nice red. I am glad I get a 4 day weekend. I could really use it.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The Holidays are a two edged sword for me as well. You can feel the stress everywhere you go- mostly at the grocery stores where everyone seems hurried, trying to get ready for the Big Meal. Not many smiling faces out there.

We will get through it!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    "Fun" story: my son gave me an edible before going to the grocery store. :o One of the most overwhelming, drawn out shopping trips ever. Never again.

I'm still down 3 pounds. I keep staring at the scale waiting for it to creep back up, but so far, so good. We'll see how Thanksgiving goes.
    Hang in there lushes :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Mmmm edibles :wink:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-beers and manhattans
    Wednesday-we have plans to go grab a beer and a bit to eat. I am not feeling 100%...allergies? the beginning of a cold??? I haven't been sick in years....so I am going to blame it on allergies.
    We are going camping tomorrow and friday....fingers crossed a wake up tomorrow feeling amazing!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! Hope you enjoy your day!!!
    xo
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I.....am.......so.......full.....
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Edibles at the grocery store; sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! Or at least a good place to be when the munchies kick in. LOL!

Had a fun Thanksgiving with no stress for the first time in a LOOOONG time because this year we said "screw it" and took the fam to Universal Studios. Weather was amazing and everyone was very happy and we all have season passes now. We're gonna half-*kitten* Christmas too. Oder a pizza and watch movies. Less stress and drama hopefully!

Benn lushy every day but finally getting in a little exercise from walking all over Universal and then the Zoo yesterday and yoga and a bike ride today. Hopefully I'll see the scale going down soon. It was headed down and randomly jumped up 3 pounds in a day. I hate the scale.

Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like you're starting your own family traditions, kitty... good for you.
    Hope everyone else survived!
    Pretty mellow here. I've been battling a cold/cough for a while. I think I'm starting to shake it. The son's got a stomach thing going on. Kind of a pitiful bunch here. Moderated all weekend...a couple of glasses of wine each night.
    Started my X-mas shopping and think I got most of it done. Will start with the house decorations this weekend.
    Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey lushes! I earned my card during Thanksgiving. I didn't drink yesterday and only had one cider Saturday, but it had been 2 weeks since my last 0. I'm shooting for another tonight.

We had a nice week off. Asheville was fun as usual. The drive down was perfect: no traffic, no rain, sunshine, and the kids were good. The way back was not terrible, but Langston's nap was off and we literally had to pull off the interstate about 3 hours out because he was inconsolable. Still very little traffic and nice weather. My family got along; we have not always in the past. We drank a LOT Wednesday night and sort of tapered off from there. The most fun is seeing the kids together: 2 girls - almost 5 and and almost 8, and 2 boys - almost 2 and almost 5. Weather in Mt. Pleasant was amazing also. All in all a good trip but I am glad to be back to "normal". Now bring on the parties and (online) shopping!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Everyone have a good Drinksgiving?!?!