iceqieen
iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
For how its going, feels and thoughts

free to add your own entries

Replies

• iceqieen
    Options
    Day 1 - breathing went to *kitten* after 2km of the 5km jog planned, due to someone burning something they shouldnt. Damn. Ended with walk/jog the last 3km. Damn.

Day 2 - much better, breathing was fine and completed the planned 7km jog + run/walk + jog in an hour. There was light rain and cold but the audiobook is nearing the final chapters so quite exciting and the hour went by quickly.

Day 3 - it's supposed to be crosstraining day. I'll settle for a good walk. My muscles are the good sort of aching after yesterday.
  • iceqieen
    Options
    Day 4 - still sore, or rather tired. Blame sitting 10 hrs pr day (in a course for work). Looking forward to tomorrow's run, should be sunny but cold
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Bought a knee brace to keep my copper knee brace in place. I also ran really slowly today but I did it! My knee doesn't really hurt so hopefully this is working. I also have some gel I'm using to help with the pain. Maybe I really can do another half, as long as I take it slow!
  • barncatsgalore
    barncatsgalore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    T-3 weeks to my first half in OKC - time to get the miles in. Somebody please run behind me and kick my virtual butt these next 3 weeks!!!!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    T-3 weeks to my first half in OKC - time to get the miles in. Somebody please run behind me and kick my virtual butt these next 3 weeks!!!!

You've got this!
  • Footlady123
    Footlady123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello. Keen to join up to this community but would like to know how. Just signed up for my first half marathon in November 2016
  • iceqieen
    Options
    So I haven't been training as I should.. but I still took part in the first 1/2 marathon of the year and finished it. Super slow though. Will start training after a week of recovery and hopefully do way better in August!
  • binderpaper
    binderpaper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    About 1.5 months ago I was barely running 1 or 2 miles. Today is the first day I ran 3 miles under 30 minutes! Today I ran 4.1 miles in 42 minutes!! I really want to be ready for a half marathon in June :) This will be my first half marathon.