Determined December 2016: Week 1 (12/1-12/7)

Options

Replies

• GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add drink water - I hate water so this is a very hard one for me!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    My goals:
    • Stay on plan during vacation 12/2-12/11 - we're driving to Oregon and staying for a week. Roadtrips are notorious carb fests for me: chips, sweets, eating out, etc. We already have planned to bring coconut oil, cream and torani and subsist on BPC for most of the drive. Gotta love my supportive husband!
    • Lose 9 pounds - If I can do this, I'm at 235 and should be down another size. Great way to end the year!
    • Keep up with Diatomaceous Earth every morning. It's helping with energy, IF and (coincidentally? probably, but still) the two weeks I stopped taking it I didn't lose. Plus, my skin is looking fabulous ;)
    • Start morning or evening workouts on return from vacation

I want to start taking DE but I don't have a stretch of time I can take it where I'm not going to run into food. Clearly I'm going to have to think harder about it.

I drink a tsp in a 24 oz glass of water right before I leave for work (so, 4:45 ish) and have BPC on the way to work. I eat lunch around 1 usually.

If I can do coffee after and fast till lunch I'll be ok then. I didn't know whether coffee with a tad of creamer would be ok or not.

Shoot, I don't know. I didn't know we weren't supposed to have anything after the DE. Crap, I might be doing this wrong!! :#

I see lots of places that say mix it into whatever you want, including food. Others say take on an empty stomach 1hr before or 2 hours after a meal. And one resource that tells you to mix it into food. And then in the next paragraph to take it on an empty stomach. Way too many contradictions!
  • baconslave
    Options
    My goals:
    • Stay on plan during vacation 12/2-12/11 - we're driving to Oregon and staying for a week. Roadtrips are notorious carb fests for me: chips, sweets, eating out, etc. We already have planned to bring coconut oil, cream and torani and subsist on BPC for most of the drive. Gotta love my supportive husband!
    • Lose 9 pounds - If I can do this, I'm at 235 and should be down another size. Great way to end the year!
    • Keep up with Diatomaceous Earth every morning. It's helping with energy, IF and (coincidentally? probably, but still) the two weeks I stopped taking it I didn't lose. Plus, my skin is looking fabulous ;)

I want to start taking DE but I don't have a stretch of time I can take it where I'm not going to run into food. Clearly I'm going to have to think harder about it.

I drink a tsp in a 24 oz glass of water right before I leave for work (so, 4:45 ish) and have BPC on the way to work. I eat lunch around 1 usually.

If I can do coffee after and fast till lunch I'll be ok then. I didn't know whether coffee with a tad of creamer would be ok or not.

Shoot, I don't know. I didn't know we weren't supposed to have anything after the DE. Crap, I might be doing this wrong!! :#

I see lots of places that say mix it into whatever you want, including food. Others say take on an empty stomach 1hr before or 2 hours after a meal. And one resource that tells you to mix it into food. And then in the next paragraph to take it on an empty stomach. Way too many contradictions!

I found a place that finally said "why".
    "Some people prefer to take it in a glass of water before bed or first thing in the morning, well before breakfeast, to allow DE time to move through and absorb toxins from the digestive tract without interfering or absorbing nutrients from foods or liquids. Some mix it in juice, smoothies, oatmeal or other foods."

There.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    My goals:

Hmmmm...I take it on an empty stomach, but do have coconut oil/cream pretty much immediately afterward. It does give me energy and has gotten rid of a couple sebaceous cysts I have had for years. And I feel like a few fine lines have lessened.
  • Cadori
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My husband and I refer to it as having our mud. :lol:
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My goals:

Interesting notes to read about DE. I have a big container of it that I used during warmer months as a wormer & flea control product in my pets. I had started using it myself but kinda forgot about it as the weather got cooler and I stopped using so regularly for my pets. I'm gonna have to start putting it in my BPC in the morning again.
  • gregpesot
    gregpesot Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    have to repost... lost four pounds since Monday... usually happens at beginning of low carb with daily exercise

so need to adjust start/goal weight...

December Goals

Present weight: 255.6
    Goal weight:250.0

Logging and monitoring daily
    Exercise five days a week
    Avoid beer at all costs (worst kind of sugar! Maltose!)
    No eating after 7PM unless it's dinner
    Daily Carb limit (30-35g)

Good luck! Looking forward to the challenge!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued by the references to DE until in my further research I ran across a "pro DE" site that recommended contacting your local poison control agency before trying it out. Kinda discouraging.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    I have two goals only:

Stay under my carbs (20g tota).
    Lose 8 lbs minimum.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm starting week #1 at 144 lbs. That's one lb. up from my lowest weight in November.
    Goal #1-Lose 4 lbs. in December(will look like 5, but I'm up a lb. in water weight).
    Goal #2-Drink 64 oz. of water per day.
    Goal #3-Average 5,000 steps per day.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    December goals-
    Get to 174 (176 today)
    Not taste test while holiday baking
    Be more active
    Better meal prep on weekends for the week
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hey peeps! December 1st is upon us.

SW:163.4
    GW: 159

For those of you who aren't familiar, I hit my goal in December of last year. Gained some weight putting on muscle. And lately I've put on weight I don't want due to health issues, the stress from that, and a supplement I can't do without.

Goal:
    Keep up the kettlebell workouts and sneak in some walks during the week, even if I have to get on the dreadmill in the basement.
    Keep the weekends on my plan and not turn it into a calorie free for all.
    Get my weight down to 159 to spite the evil water weight a necessary supplement plagues me with, (Adaptogens for adrenal dysfunction.)
    I'm also staying away from AS and gluten to check for a sensitivity.
    100g-120g healthy carbs daily. 1700 cal, 6 days/week. One FATurday.
    BBL to post how I did.

I am DETERMINED. And obstinate :lol: so watch out December!

c098515e9b4df39b29d134935d37ab41b536.jpg
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    December 1 starting values -> current weight 219 lbs, goal weight 214 lbs.

Had a great workout this morning, did thresholds on the ARC cross-trainer (60/60/60 at MET of 12/15/17+ x 5) and then did weights, concentrating on arms. I am also IF this morning - ate at 8:00 last night and have not had any calories since then, so a great start to a great month!
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am in! Under a lot of stress so this should help me stay focused!

Determined December Goals;
    1- 1400 cal
    2- under 30 net carbs
    3- continue exercise 5x/week
    4- lose 5lbs (to hit my goal)
    5- pre-log meals + don't sway
    6- NO BLTs (bites licks + tastes) It ALL COUNTS
    7- weight 133 (I think...will weight in tomorrow am)

Happy and healthy day to all
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued by the references to DE until in my further research I ran across a "pro DE" site that recommended contacting your local poison control agency before trying it out. Kinda discouraging.

Could you share the reference? I would like to read that.
  • Cadori
    Options

Possibly just a safety measure to make sure you buy food grade instead of industrial grade?
  • baconslave
    Options

Possibly just a safety measure to make sure you buy food grade instead of industrial grade?

Probably. There is a huge difference between the composition of the 2. Food grade is fine to ingest. The other will harm you badly.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    December: 1000 minutes of aerobic exercise for heart health. Keeps my blood pressure down. Those on BP meds might try it (in conjunction with your BP meds/medical professional input, of course).

Works too for my husband who was on various BP meds for years and is now off them with normal BP. Took him all of 2 weeks to bring it down and taper off meds (with Dr. input). Magic. For us. YMMV. Who'd a thunk a simple brisk paced walk could do so much good. Took me a little longer cuz I was overweight.
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My goals:

1. Lose the 9 lb I put on during vacation in Florida (too many Publix cup cakes - loved them)
    2. Read the Guide to Fasting of Jason Fung and be inspired
    3. At the best ingest 20 grms carbs a day, at the worst 60
    4. Resume spinning classes at the gym and some weight at least 3 times a week
    5. Not to go crazy with the xmas comestibles - wait until last minute to buy mince pies and not buy a tub of Quality Street
    6. Not to buy industrial quantities of Belgian chocolates when I go home next week
    7. Lose 10 lbs for the whole month.

• karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

December goals:

-Do my version of carb cycling (5 days under 30g, 2 days around 60g)
    -Stay under 1400 calories daily except for 4 days I'll allow up to 2200 (2 parties, a trip to the City and Xmas Day)
    -Cycle class 3-4 times per week (new for me)
    -Hit 10k steps on non cycling days
    -No alcohol on weekdays
    -Take all supplements daily

-Would like to lose at least 3 lbs. Mathematically, I should end up losing 4 with this plan; We shall see.... ;)