Aldi products that I love...

Options
Ultima_Morpha
Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
I'm a recent Aldi convert. I could never do all of my shopping there, but found some products to try at a great price that have become staples in our household.

Fit and Active No Sugar Added Raspberry Preserves
-only 10 calories per tablespoon and < 1 gram of sugar; I was pleasantly suprised that there is no detectable sucralose aftertaste
-love it mixed into homemade yogurt (it is also amazing on CarbSmart Vanilla Ice Cream)
-with the flatbread (see below) I can have a peanut butter sandwich again!
-the apricot and strawberry are good too...but we like the raspberry best

Fit and Active Original Flatbread
-90 calories, 16g carbohydrates, 9g dietary fiber, 9g protein
-VERY thin so I can have the feeling of bread without it taking up too much space
-I warmed half of a flatbread with an ounce of their spicy salami and a slice of cheese then piled on some watercress for a very tasty lunch wrap. UH. MAZE. ING.

Happy Farms Brie
-a great tasting brie for a great price
-delicious snack/dessert on Dare whole grain crackers with the raspberry preserves

Moser Roth 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Bars
-each bar is 160 calories, 9g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 3.5g sugar, 3g protein
-it is rich and smooth and the perfect little sweet bite at the end of a meal

Fit and Active Sprouted 7 Grain Bread
-60 calories, 11g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, 3g protein
-the slice is small enough for me to have toast with my post-run sauteed greens and over easy egg
-stick the whole loaf in the freezer and just pull out a slice as I need it

Do y'all get something from there that I should be trying???

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas and we just got an Aldi's. Thank you for posting this it gives me some items to look for when I go shopping there. I haven't been yet since it just opened.
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love Aldi
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Aldi's! I looked and couldn't find the Moser chocolate. I'll keep looking!

I LOVE their plain, fat-free, greek yogurt. It's so much cheaper than store brands and the stats are just as good as big brand names.

Their "Laughing Cow" soft cheese wedges are a great swap for less money.

Their "LiveGFree" line is good. I can't do wheat, I bloat, seriously. (8 pounds from 12 crackers, no joke)

I am a cook. I love Aldi produce because it makes me feel like I'm on Chopped. ;) You never know what they will have.

Back in the day, Aldi was awful. They were bought out by Trader Joe's parent company and the chain did a huge turnaround. I know a lot of people have the old Aldi's stuck in their heads. I encourage people to give them another try!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Other than the awesome cheeses and produce selection, I dig the SF strawberry preserves and the gyro chicken sausage. I need to try the 7 grain bread now....
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I wish they would have Aldi where I live!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We have an Aldi not too far from me so now I will have to check it out. A couple of years ago people said they had expired stuff but will give them another chance.

We are getting a Sprouts not too far from me next year or so, and am looking forward to that - I hear it's great
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    We have an Aldi not too far from me so now I will have to check it out. A couple of years ago people said they had expired stuff but will give them another chance.

We are getting a Sprouts not too far from me next year or so, and am looking forward to that - I hear it's great

Sprouts is awesome!! Even though I do wish we had Aldi, there are a couple of Sprouts super close to me, and I have Trader Joe's and Whole Foods within walking distance. I haven't shopped at a "regular" grocery store in ages!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @garber6th - I have heard Sprouts is awesome and that their prices are also great. I cannot wait for them to come to the Charlotte area :)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    I LOVE Aldi's! I looked and couldn't find the Moser chocolate. I'll keep looking!

I LOVE their plain, fat-free, greek yogurt. It's so much cheaper than store brands and the stats are just as good as big brand names.

Their "Laughing Cow" soft cheese wedges are a great swap for less money.

Their "LiveGFree" line is good. I can't do wheat, I bloat, seriously. (8 pounds from 12 crackers, no joke)

I am a cook. I love Aldi produce because it makes me feel like I'm on Chopped. ;) You never know what they will have.

Back in the day, Aldi was awful. They were bought out by Trader Joe's parent company and the chain did a huge turnaround. I know a lot of people have the old Aldi's stuck in their heads. I encourage people to give them another try!

I make our yogurt but good to know that theirs is a good option if my yogurt making routine gets thrown out of whack.

Love to hear about the Laughing Cows. Love those things but I tried a another store's brand a few months ago and it was awful. I was just stocking up on LC when it was on sale. My girls eat too much of it for my budget if I keep it around all the time!

I'm all about the gluten free if there is something tasty and cost effective!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »

I'm all about the gluten free if there is something tasty and cost effective!

Their LiveGfree line of crackers are tasty! There's a garlic cheese combo that I've found! And being Aldi's, you know the price is decent! I'd definitely look at them!

Another girl from my local support group told me they have snack size protein bars that are supposed to be amazing, so that's my next hunt!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    New find yesterday!
    SimplyNature Sunflower Seed Bites Sea Salt
    Tasty, crunchy, savory little bites.

A 28 gram serving is:
    140 calories
    8 grams fat
    13 grams carbohydrates
    3 grams fiber
    2 grams sugar
    5 grams protein

A nice bonus is 6% RDA iron along with some calcium and vitamin C.
  • metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They have 100 calorie pack snacks that are light and fit brand. Very tasty and good for when i need a quick low calorie snack
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    I discovered a new one while on vacation...

They have a Tuscan herb seasoned nut mix. Delicious and dangerous!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Aldi's rocks! We've had one locally forever now. The only downside is when you forget to bring a quarter to pop the shopping cart loose. :s
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I will admit... I have shunned Aldi's for the last 4 years or so. But this is encouraging me to go and give them another try! Thanks for sharing!!
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love their protein bars! I keep boxes of them in the minivan so the kids can eat between practices.