New To Group

Options
gwen4771
gwen4771 Posts: 2 Member
I look forward to giving and receiving support.

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the group!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi. Relatively new and sufficiently freaked out here. Due for sleeve 1/23.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @pneschich - I think all of us freaked out once we had our date and got closer to it. I can tell you I had second thoughts BUT after meeting so many people who went through the process 3-4 times because they thought they can do it without surgery I decided I wouldn't let that be me. We put so much time and effort into getting approved that we just need to move forward and think about our end goals. I PROMISE you that you will be so glad you did!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »

I think most of us that have already had the surgery can relate to the pre-surgery freak out phase - I know I went through it! You have a lot going on, it's to be expected, but I can pretty much guarantee that not long after surgery you will look back and wonder what you were even freaked out about!
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options

It's going to be fine my friend! And from one guy to another, the smaller you get while losing weight, the bigger your junk will look! :D

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

It's going to be fine my friend! And from one guy to another, the smaller you get while losing weight, the bigger your junk will look! :D

Lol! My husband likes to point this out to me quite often (he had VSG a year ago).
  • dwlucero
    dwlucero Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, checking in for the first time today. I have not had my bypass yet. I'm on the pre liquid diet, surgery is scheduled for the 21st Dec. My highest weight was 386 and i'm 6' tall. today I am 367. I have always struggled with my weight but I am thinking I have hope now so I can stop the cycle of losing weight only to gain even more,
    Thanks
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @delucero - good luck with your surgery. I had bypass on 4/18/16. Best decision I ever made! Definitely check out some blogs that have advice as well as recipes and products. Below are some of my favorites:

The World According To Eggface - love her ricotta bake which is a good soft stage food

Bariatric Foodie - LOvE her taco casserole

Bariatric Eating - vanilla custards (good soft stage food), no pie pumpkin pie, and manicotti are great. I take her 3+3 multi vitamin as well as Hair Balance vitamins. I love her Inspire protein which comes in a huge variety of flavors, her Believe ready to drink protein shakes and her protein crunchers.

Bariatric Choice - Massive amount of products. I have bought a lot of the Healthwise/bariwise proteon bars as well as the Wonderslim pudding shakes - some of the products on Wonderslim can be found on Amazon.

Thin Slim Foods - awesome low carb pasta, also sell low carb breads, bagels and other treats. I really liked the pasta, their plain bread was okay but definitely good toasted - just ordered the honey bread because I think I may like it better. They have a sampler pack and if it is your first time buying it you can get it for half off - only $20 and you get a good amount of stuff for that price.

Good luck!!
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    dwlucero wrote: »
    Hi, checking in for the first time today. I have not had my bypass yet. I'm on the pre liquid diet, surgery is scheduled for the 21st Dec. My highest weight was 386 and i'm 6' tall. today I am 367. I have always struggled with my weight but I am thinking I have hope now so I can stop the cycle of losing weight only to gain even more,
    Thanks

Welcome! I think the vast majority of us here know the pain of losing weight, only to gain it all back and then some. The six months leading up to my surgery, I had lost pretty much all hope of losing weight on my own. I was hopelessly depressed. I honestly felt like I wouldn't get approved and my life was going to be over.

As long as you are ready to make the meaningful changes that go along with the surgery, you too will see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. The surgery isn't a magic cure-all. It is a tool to lose weight by controlling the quantity of food you consume and by preventing your stomach from producing ghrelin which is the hunger hormone. It's up to you to eat the right foods, avoid the sugars and fried foods and not eat impulsively.

The most important thing is to follow your surgeon's orders as strictly as possible. Good luck and please, keep us informed of how everything goes for you!