IS THIS NORMAL?!

Options
BeautyDoll
BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
Day 3 of eating a LCD and I have NO ENERGY. Today I felt so fatigued and even dizzy a few times. I take a good multivitamin (Isotonix), D3 and B complex. I have been drinking water and working out every day. Hard getting in many calories but I have been eating. All of protein has me feeling "bloated". Just shopped for more veggies and I will eat them like crazy tomorrow. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am new to this WOE. Thanks so much!

SW 159
GW 140

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    How are your electrolytes? Are you getting enough sodium, potassium, and magnesium?

While LC, you need more sodium than average because you lose sodium as you lose water. The water loss is from your glycogen stores emptying. There is a sticky at the top of the group with information on electrolytes. Read that.
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Will do!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You mention "so much protein"... are you eating a decent amount of fat too? You'll get better energy if you've got a good portion of your calories coming from fat since you don't have much to lose.
    With low carb, it's about using fat for energy. You don't have a whole lot on your body. You'll need to consume it. Real fats. Not margarine and vegetable fats.
    Also, calories. Are you eating enough? You don't have much to lose and you don't have much stored energy on your body and you've just put your body through a major metabolic change that creates an electrolyte imbalance if you don't actively correct for it.
    Something's gotta give.

You need salt! Stat!
    I would also suggest a very small calorie deficit while you adjust. If at all.